Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fate of the Fast and the Furious (F. Gary Gray, April 14, 2017) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Of course!

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Just as long as there is no 10 mile runway.

Seeing this Friday. Can't wait.

3. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Saw a clip on FB with Statham in a gun fight (on a plane) with a baby involved... lol jesus

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I just watched the cheesy ridiculous scene when the Rock manhandles Scott Eastwood for bringing up his daughter into a conversation.

5. Davjs

Trusted

Like a knock off Shoot em Up? Side note, love that movie and it needs a sequel.

6. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

This film was was more fun than I thought it would be and I loved it

7. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

This was ridiculous and exactly what I wanted it to be. I laughed the entire time.

8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Excited to see it tonight. Gonna be thinking of PW a lot though. RIP man!

9. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Going tomorrow, should be a lot of fun.

10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

It was better than I thought it was going to be. Loved how they brought Jason Statham's character back.

11. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Someone may have spoiled the ending for me. If it's true, that's fucking odd.

Not great critically right now, but i guess that's too be expected. Some of the arguments seem warranted.

13. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

This movie was completely ridiculously and I do not mind in the slightest bit.

14. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Going to see it this evening with my wife. I've actually seen some pretty good reviews.

15. imthegrimace

There were definitely some weird things about the movie and they made some odd choices but overall it did what I expected it to do.

16. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Not my favorite of the series (and I think my least favorite of the 5+ era) but still enjoyed it. Walker's absence was really felt and Scott Eastwood was a bad replacement. The set pieces, especially the NYC chase/zombie cars and Statham with the baby on the plane, were the sort of silly, fun as hell shit I expect from this series now. The Rock and Statham were the highlights, especially Statham - adding him to the franchise was one of the smartest things they ever did even if they mostly waved away the whole "this is the guy who killed Han" thing. Hell, I think there was more talk of his fight with Hobbs at the beginning of 7 than there was of Han. Theron was fine as a villain, I wouldn't mind seeing her again, and the Hellen Mirren cameo was great. Please bring her back for 9.

A fun couple hours, good to see this franchise keep truckin'. I'll be back for 9 for sure.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  17. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Def was missing the heart

18. imthegrimace

Yeah it was weird that they pitted Dom against everyone for this one with Brian not being in it.

19. Jusscali

They really should have killed his character off. To suggest he just wouldn't come help them if they really needed it is silly

20. imthegrimace

Yeah that's why I feel they just shouldn't have mentioned him. I feel that would have been better than the one line of dialogue about him.

21. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I haven't seen it yet, but the comment above confirms what I already hate about this. I knew Statham is joining the crew, and I feel like they should make a big deal out of him killing Han. Sad to hear they basically forgot about him.

22. Jusscali

Yeah that was pretty wack too

23. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

The dude saved Dom's son, I'd say he's definitely on his way to redemption. Besides, I'm willing to bet good money they'll bring back Han anyway.

stayillogical likes this.
  24. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Haha wait, so THAT'S the big twist and the source of Theron's blackmail? Dumb, doesn't even make sense given the original groups youth and him having been with Letty most of his adult life.

25. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

No it makes sense.