Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fatalities After Incident at Ariana Grande Concert in Manchester • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 22, 2017.

1. chcougar1

Trusted

Made a 34 year old dude tear up. This is awful.

2. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Whenever something terrible happens and I come to chorus to read the news, I am always extremely greatful to be a part of such a great community where people truly care about each other and the world around them.

Not many places where there seems to be so much positivity and support coming in the wake of such horribleness.

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

4. Tom Lee

Regular

Had time to digest this. Manchester Arena was where I went to my first ever concert, when I was 4 or 5, so this obviously hits home. Not to mention that I work merch for bands, at Leeds Arena, and have been asked to work before at Manchester Arena, so this could have been me. The explosion happened in the foyer, by the front merch stall, and I have friends that work there. Thankfully everyone got out safely, my old manager was hurt, but not seriously. She went to A&E, but is okay.

I was doing merch last night for Broken Social Scene at Albert Hall in Manchester. I felt super anxious before it, but I'm glad the show went ahead. The energy was positive, friendly, and supportive from the audience. The band came on stage with Emily Haines and Johnny Marr, and it felt incredibly powerful & symbolic, for one of the city's most beloved musicians to be with them last night - it seemed like we were all coming together in solidarity. Walking around the city yesterday, it was amazing to see the resilience of Manchester. People going about their day like normal. No matter how bad these things get, I can never see it ever disrupting our way of life here.

I feel devastated about the losses, like everyone else. I can't even fathom the horror and trauma for the kids there. The venue itself is scary enough for young ones because it's so big, and seeing those clips of people scarpering for the exits and being separated is horrifying. My thoughts are with everyone. Heading out to Manchester again now, for another show. Seeing Andrew McMahon. I'm going to have a great time, spend time with friends, and enjoy live music. That ain't ever going to change.

coleslawed and Wall Of Arms like this.
  5. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Thanks for sharing this, I was watching videos of Broken Social Scene and Johnny Marr just now!

Have a great time tonight xo

Tom Lee likes this.
  6. Tom Lee

Regular

Thanks so much. I had such an incredibly heartwarming time with Andrew tonight, he opened with 'Swim' and it couldn't have been more fitting. BSS are so great!