Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fatalities After Incident at Ariana Grande Concert in Manchester

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 22, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

There has been an explosion at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester.

There are fatalities following an incident at Manchester Arena in England on Monday, according to local police.

In a Facebook post, Greater Manchester Police released the following statement: “Emergency services are currently responding to reports of an explosion at Manchester Arena. There are a number of confirmed fatalities and others injured. Please AVOID the area as first responders work tirelessly at the scene. Details of a casualty bureau will follow as soon as available.”

2. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

As someone who goes to a lot of shows, this has always been a big fear of mine. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this.

Raku, Turkeylegz and heymattrick like this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

This is horrifying. Concerts are a time that fans should feel excited and happy. Nothing beats that after concert feeling where ur life just feels like it has been made. nobody should have to worry about this. And she has so many young fans.

Raku and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  4. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Reportedly 20+ dead. Rumours say it was a nail bomb. I can't even fathom the distress families are going right now just to know if their child/loved one is okay. Seeing 'Missing' images getting shared is heartbreaking.

Also had to happen right before an election (similar to France) and it's definitely going to cause a shitstorm.

Raku likes this.
  5. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I can't believe this type of thing keeps happening. It's horrifying to think that you can't feel safe at a show anymore. I can't begin to imagine what those parents are feeling.

kait_whiteside and Raku like this.
  6. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Man, they have a mom of a missing 15 year old on CNN right now. This is brutal to listen to how terrified and sad this mother is.

Raku likes this.
  7. jorbjorb

7 rings

fuck that's scary

Raku likes this.
  8. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Raku and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  9. aniafc

Trusted

The amount of support she's getting on Twitter is incredible.

I hope she takes the time to really cope with this, maybe even cancelling the rest of her tour if needed. No one could blame her one bit.

10. Iamhollywood315

Regular

this makes me so upset. As a person that loves live music and one that uses it as an outlet at least 2-3 times a month to think that something like this or what happened at Le Bataclan in Paris could be happen anywhere makes me sick. Every time I enter a big show it crosses my mind that something like this could happen but my brain conditions the fact that it would never happen. You just never know. Prayers for the families...

Raku, SEANoftheDEAD and skogsraet like this.
  11. fbrrocks

Trusted

This was so sad to read about tonight rip everyone who died or got injured

Raku likes this.
  12. simonthebutler

Regular

This has hit me hard. I have been going to gigs at the arena for almost 20 years now. My mum would drop us off as 14/15 year olds and pick us up afterwards. I can not begin to imagine how horrible it must be not knowing where your parent is or if you are a parent where your children are.

13. Wall Of Arms May 22, 2017
    (Last edited: May 23, 2017)
    Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Devastated. I haven't slept because of this news and have been to this venue a couple of times. As others have said, when you spend your life at concerts multiple times a month and go to feel the highest level of excitement and ecstasy with like-minded people but to then have a hole torn in that haven, that release - it's beyond unsettling to the point where my blood buzzes constantly with all the wrong energy and anxiety. Love to everyone, love to everyone in Manchester. A city that makes me proud to be a part of this country - seeing the response of the people in the city has been great.

Raku and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  14. gbuffers

England.

Absolutely disgusting to wake up to more news like this; it sadly hits harder when it's closer to home as it's somehow more real. Hearing the mother searching for her 15 year old child is devastating. The scary thing is that it could happen anywhere as evidenced here and it's impossible to predict. There are no words for how sickening it is that people are not allowed to enjoy their lives and many have lost their lives because of people like this. A moment of happiness and joy destroyed by an individual's sick agenda. My thoughts are wholly with anyone affected. Love not hate.

Raku likes this.
  15. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

awful to hear. Is there security for these places, like in the US? I can't figure out how something like that sneaks in ? In the US, you get patted down, etc etc.... backpacks are checked, etc.... Awful.

Raku likes this.
  16. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I think it occurred directly outside the arena. I may be wrong though, hard to get the details right this early.

DearCory likes this.
  17. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

ah. That makes more sense then.. :/ Yeesh. Awful. Parents dropping kids off for the show, with none around when it went off :(

18. Raku May 23, 2017
    (Last edited: May 23, 2017)
    Raku

Regular

This is awful news, but it seems like this is really becoming more common every day. Also news like this makes it harder to stay positive in a world so dark such as ours nowadays =/

19. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Second victim was only 8 years old:

Still at least 20 more confirmed deaths to be announced. Lots of more recent controlled explosions going off in Manchester too (ie Fallowfield).

20. simonthebutler

Regular

The entrance to the Arena where the explosion occured is inside a train station.

21. simonthebutler

Regular

There was an incident with a Gunman overnight at the Royal Oldham Hospital which is my local hospital, not sure if it is linked or not details seem a bit vague. It really is hard to take when it is all so local.

22. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

I heard about that but it was reported to be false (thankfully):
    royal oldham hospital gunman - Google Search

23. simonthebutler

Regular

emeryk3 likes this.
  24. Raku

Regular

Damn, this one really affected me. I'm sitting here shaking, and I can barely write or think.

What gets to me is that I can remember being around that age (even though I have a terrible/spotty memory), and being excited about growing up. The fact that her life barely started, and it's already over has me both depressed, and angry.

I don't know why this is affecting me so bad, I should be used to tragedies like this by now, like I said, it's becoming a lot more common now. Maybe it's cause she's so young that it's getting to me? I don't know, but I feel so fed up and done with everything right now...

emeryk3 likes this.
  25. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

The fact that you aren't is not a negative whatsoever. Just have to manifest what you are feeling into a propulsion of love and gratitude instead of something else. It's really all and the most you can do with your reaction to something like this.

Love to you all xo

Aaron Mook likes this.