Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fat Mike Clarifies His Detox Program

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 25, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Fat Mike of NOFX has clarified on Instagram that he’s not in rehab but is going through a detox program.

I just got released by the doctor. It wasn’t rehab, it was detox. Had a little problem with the Whiskey and the Roxy’s. Now I’m off everything and boy does my tummy hurt. […] I’m not in rehab! I’m detoxing from painkillers, staying sober and really digging it! Well, not the detox part. It sucks!

2. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

Hopefully he stays clean. I know first hand how toxic denial is with addiction.

3. jorbjorb

7 rings

isn't the new nofx record recorded while he's super smashed? curios to see how this will sound

4. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I was going to say that it looked like he was detoxing as opposed to a formal rehab center. Like he realized he shouldn't be doing it and just cut himself off.

5. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

That sounds more like Fat Mike

6. Good for him! Hope it sticks long enough for him to be given a fake gold dollar too.