Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fast Food 2: Now Even Faster! • Page 7

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Oct 25, 2020.

1. jorbjorb

7 rings

You're welcome, buddy.

2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

glad you can always help the little man out with incredible deals

jorbjorb likes this.
  3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Tried the Spicy Chi'King today. It's crunchy, but it doesn't actually taste like anything somehow.

jorbjorb likes this.
  4. CobraKidJon

I finally tried raising canes and I have to say I was very disappointed in it. My friend said it’s because I got a sandwich but I still felt like the chicken had no flavor and the fries were just meh.

5. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

it’s better than CFA, tho

6. christsizedshoes

Trusted

You're not wrong. The sauce is basically the only reason I get from people who swear by it. If you don't care about that, it's average at best.

7. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I gotta try that Honey hot chicken thing from Steak and Shake

8. CobraKidJon

9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

politics aside, this is a crazy take. CFA and Popeyes are the top for me on taste alone

10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

all CFA has is sauce and waffle fries :shrug:

11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

the waffle fries are on point tho, and I don't even really fuck with the sauce (though, I do think they have the best sauces) - If I go there, I just do the spicy chicken with american cheese and extra pickles and put a little mayo on it.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I was thinking about the worker shortage thing recently and its great/fascinating in so many ways. Fast food obviously being the largest impacted but I find it so weird how some chains aren't impacted while others are.

So I'm in Austin

Theres only 4 dunkin donuts in the entire city and they all now close at 3pm! And yet I go to like, Chipotle or jersey Mike or whattaburger and they look over/super staffed.

But anyways my point is that I'm so happy this is happening (workers realizing their worth and taking some control) but also im shocked this didn't happen faster. Theres a million food restaurants in Austin Texas that range from fast food to full fledged restaurant. How in the world can you fill all those places with $7/hr people? It just doesn't make sense. How they got and how they continue to get any employees is shocking to me.

Btw theres a bunch of Austin places now paying $17/hr like dairy queen which is like wow

13. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

coleslawed and Sean Murphy like this.
  14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Tried the BK ghost pepper nuggets yesterday, they were pretty good.

riotspray and theagentcoma like this.
  15. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Dairy Queen Mocha Moo-Latte is super good, highly recommend. Not that it’s a new thing or anything I just never went to Dairy Queen much in the past.

16. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Just tried shake shack for the first time and the hype was real. Fries kinda sucked though

coleslawed likes this.
  17. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

i love their fries

Ken likes this.
  18. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

after living in a place with 0 fast food places for the past 4 months i finally return to civilisation tomorrow. my stomach has no idea what it's in for.

coleslawed likes this.
  19. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

give em hell

20. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

anyone else get to Culver’s for the Curderburger today?

it was (semi-surprisingly) really good.

riotspray likes this.
  21. CobraKidJon

riotspray and coleslawed like this.
  22. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I am fucking sick of it! Idk if this has been happening else where but since I moved to Austin a year ago, I am FED UP with bullshit Google open times. It's been mostly popeyes. I've gone to a few locations, sometimes even 90 minutes before "close", just to get told "sorry were closed" or worse "sorry were only doing Uber eats"

Change your times then. If you're only open for Uber eats, then you're not open. Completely unreliable and a waste of my time. I'm not mad when they're out of things (another very common occurrence) since I'm aware of the supply chain issues and work shortages. I'm not even mad if they do close early...but if its consistent, then update that crap

Lol so frustrated that I can ONLY get whattaburger in Austin after 10pm

riotspray likes this.
  23. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Fuck off Jon

24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Arby's is not bad.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. flask

Trusted Supporter

Arbys got rid of the potato cakes they are dead to me