Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fargo (FX) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by kbeef2, May 20, 2016.

1. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I just started the other week, so once I get a job we'll see how it goes haha.

2. Anthony_ Apr 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 21, 2017)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah, I mean, I'm not in any way suggesting that if the season is bad then people shouldn't criticize it. To me it just feels like they're all almost hedging now so that later they can say how smart they were for predicting the downfall of the show right from the start. The fact that that AV Club review reads like a "C-," or at least a "C," but the grade was a "B+" seems to bear that out - trying to have one's cake and eat it too by bashing the episode in the review but giving it a high score anyway. Either way, they can say they were "right."

3. @Jake Gyllenhaal really enjoyed reading your write ups for this show! Usually wind up watching it a little later in the evening so sometimes things sneak past me pretty easily haha, your recaps always had my back. Looking forward to yours as well, @Deanna :-)

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to this season. Should be fun getting to do some more TV writing.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

If you get an opportunity for phone interviews with people associated in shows you cover, definitely take it (depending on how comfortable you are with interviews). I didn't get to with Fargo but spoke to a couple people when I was covering Wayward Pines

6. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Oh, sweet! I have 2 weekly podcasts, so I'm definitely used to chatting with people. Although, only a few have ever really been outside my friend/PR contact base haha.

7. Pseudo!

Regular

Premiere was really good. It didn't resonate with me emotionally as much as the first two premieres, and maybe that's what certain people/critics have been expressing. Interested in seeing where it goes, they haven't let me down yet

8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The show is about ordinary people getting in way over their head due to some fucked up situations that spiral out of control. Seems real dumb to complain when a new season continues on the theme of the series.

Thought the premiere was great, loving the cast and music so far. Really excited to see where it goes

9. Anthony_

Eeeeeeeeexxxxxxaaaaaaccccccttttttlllllyyyyyyyy

10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I like to imagine them reviewing Star Trek back in the day and being like "Ugh really? These motherfuckers are STILL in space?? STALE!"

11. Anthony_

That's pretty much exactly what they're doing haha such a good analogy.

12. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

4th season of M*A*S*H... "they're still in Korea?!?!"

13. Anthony_

14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Premiere was fantastic. Anyone who says otherwise is a cop.

15. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I concur.

I think I laughed out loud more at this one than the first two. "Did you meet her at work?" "..........at work, yah..."

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  16. "Ok, lemme flip a b-word."

17. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I'm really enjoying this so far, especially getting to see Carrie Coon twice a week

18. Another solid episode. Some thoughts:

- I think maybe my favorite thing about this show is the way it gets me to root for characters that don't deserve anyone on their side. This season, it's definitely Ray so far. He's shown he's capable of really shitty things and yet somehow maintains this sort of charm that keeps me feeling bad for him. Truly a product of fantastic storytelling.

- Really interesting to have some modern(ish) technology back in the show, and the fact that there seems to be a sort of theme around it so far is a cool quality (the automatic door, Gloria's distaste for computers, Gloria's phone malfunctioning, the Google/VM incident). Very curious to see where that goes.

And some nitpicks that are just me overthinking:

- Why did Emmit and Sy seem to think nothing about the man being murdered having nearly the same name as Emmit? Obviously they have bigger things going on, but still. Strange neither of them would even make a comment haha.

- What was the point of Gloria's coworker driving to her house if she was going to be the one driving to work? Seemed like a weird missed detail. Again, a heavy nitpick and not anything I actually really care about haha.

incognitojones likes this.
  19. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Fantastic episode. David Thewlis is such a great villain already.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  20. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

21. "We should drive over there and have a look."
    "Or, and this is the other way to go... not."
    :crylaugh:

alina and trevorshmevor like this.
  22. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I love how often they will start saying something, stop, and rephrase it or say something completely different. Is that just part of the dialect?

trevorshmevor likes this.
  23. Also, Nikki Swango is savage.

24. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

The Scottish accent frequently comes out with Ewan's portrayal of Parking Lot King, but not as much when he's done Ray.

It's also interesting hearing how much higher Carrie Coon's voice is when she does the accent as opposed to Nora Durst. She's really just killing it.

I Am Mick and trevorshmevor like this.
  25. Anthony_

Yeah there was one line in this episode during the scene with Irv, I can't remember exactly what he said, but he completely lost the Minnesota accent for a second.