Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fargo (FX) TV Show • Page 43

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by kbeef2, May 20, 2016.

1. Every time Ethelrida speaks it sounds like she’s reading lines out of a book lol. Felt that way during all of her scenes this season, but she felt especially rigid when countering Loy in that last scene.

That was a rather unceremonious way for Gaetano to go out — the way the scene was building sure made it seem like he was about to exit, but I thought there’d be a little more to it. Feels like there’s some symbolism behind the way it played out that went over my head.

Satchel’s scene fucking ruled. I agree with @I Am Mick, he actually did seem visibly and audibly older.

Really hoping that was not the last we see of Oraetta. At the very least, it would be nice for her to have some type of final interaction with Josto — otherwise I’m not sure what the point of their romance was.

This was Rock’s best episode by far.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  2. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

I was pretty into how Gaetano went out, personally. Did feel really abrupt and very underwhelming, but very Cohen brothers.

imthesheriff likes this.
  3. Oh yeah, to be clear I didn’t dislike it! I expected something a little more, but what we got gave me a laugh with the same result anyway.

4. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I guess anything would have felt a bit underwhelming to me after last episode but this missed the mark a whole lot for me. Gaetano's death was one of the dumbest things in the entire history of the show, Odis just not having a plan for escape after fucking over both crime families and Zelmare was ridiculous, and if I'd had to watch another pointless scene with Schwartzman and his boring-ass father-in-law I might have checked out completely

Satchel/Mike's tiny bit and Oraetta seeing Mr. Snowman were the two bright spots for me (even then, just having her break silently into and out of the funeral home, even though she walks like a goddamn bird, but immediately getting pinched by the cops because of Deux Ex Harvard was a massive anticlimax)

5. Hard agree on Odis. I really was trying to not let it bother me while watching the episode, but honestly wtf at him absolutely knowing how much danger he’s in and just deciding to..... go....... home?? It was clearly not out of arrogance, and a move that flat out dumb feels pretty out of character for him. Feels like they could have at least let us find out the Faddas were already there at the same time he realized it. Us watching them case the joint before he even gets there kinda squashes the device of dread

Rowan5215 likes this.
  6. Rowan5215

was extra frustrating for me because Odis was the character I actually was invested in most of all this season (barring Ethelrida, Satchel and Rabbi who genuinely feel like they're basically on a different show at this point) and his amount of bad choices the last few episodes was just baffling. felt like Hawley just moving a piece off the board that he couldn't fit into the finale instead of giving the character an ending he deserved

trevorshmevor likes this.
  7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah I’ll actually agree I didn’t enjoy a whole lot of the recent ep. esp after last weeks ep. Tho I’m hopeful now that a lot is wrapped up the finale will be more focused.

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I thought 8 and 9 were the #1 and #2 episodes of the season, personally.

9. Importer/Exporter Nov 24, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 24, 2020)
    Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Loved how Gaetano went out, very Coen Bros, was good

imthesheriff, I Am Mick and Anthony_ like this.
  10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I liked it as well; it felt so random and out of left field, which made it so funny, hahahaha

11. Rowan5215

it felt like someone really trying to make a Coen Bros. type moment but it missed the mark. even their goofiest movies/death scenes usually leave you with something heady to chew on afterwards, whereas the big takeaway from that scene for me was 'don't trip on a rock while holding your gun in the exact position where it will blow your brains out'

trevorshmevor likes this.
  12. Yeah I guess this is what I was kinda getting at in my longer post last night. It wasn’t that I disliked his death or how it happened necessarily — but the specificity of it really had me wondering if there was something about the way it went down that was symbolic for the character that maybe just went over my head. Especially following his super vulnerable moment with Josto, and then appearing to even look kind of remorseful over killing Odis?

Then again, the first moment of tension in this season was cut by an actual big long wet fart so maybe Hawley’s just really into the flat out “shit happens” moments right now lol

13. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Like he told that long story about cutting the dude's eye out with a shard of broken glass as a kid. At least show that the bullet went in through the eye, right??

14. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

Idk that would of been really on the nose lol I hate it when they set up the pins and then immediately knock them down

imthesheriff likes this.
  15. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

The ring thing went over my head

16. If you mean by how it’ll actually help Loy, I don’t think that went over your head — we’re just not supposed to know yet

Jusscali likes this.
  17. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Phew. I hate feeling left out haha.

18. Anthony_

B O K E E M

19. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

So how was this season compared to previous ones? Haven’t been able to watch.

20. Anthony_

it's the least good of the four but still worth watching

Serenity Now likes this.
  21. Pseudo!

Regular

That shrug of an after credits scene pretty much solidifies my disappointment with this season. A few nice moments spread throughout, but it just never landed for me.

trevorshmevor and I Am Mick like this.
  22. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah this season was pretty weak overall. I can’t say I’d recommend watching it.

23. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

give us a whole season of Bokeem in the 80s

Zilla, trevorshmevor and I Am Mick like this.
  24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah, this was just disappointing overall. I kept waiting for it to take off and it just never did for the most part

25. I knew Loy was about to die when I saw he was holding a bag of oranges.

Cool to see Bokeem at the end, and I loved Oraetta’s “shoot him first so I can watch,” but in general I agree that this was the worst season by a pretty wide margin.

At least the Satchel/Rabbi episode was great.