Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fargo (FX) TV Show • Page 27

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by kbeef2, May 20, 2016.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The backlash to S3 was almost pre-ordained just because of how universally beloved S2 was. You can't have a show get that much love and praise without a backlash, that's just not how tv audiences work these days. S3 is great and may actually have the best ending of the three seasons.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I've definitely loved all 3 seasons. The first is still my favorite, but that doesn't mean anything negative about the other two

3. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

You could have just as easily said the same thing about season 2 (if it had been less well-received), given how beloved season 1 was. Maybe season 3 was just a step down.

For the record, I’m fine with season 3. I just don’t think that’s a very good argument.

Victor Eremita likes this.
  4. Anthony_

It varies from show-to-show. Sometimes it takes just one season, sometimes it takes two (as it did in this case), sometimes it takes more than that. But the artificial backlash comes for every acclaimed show eventually, sadly.

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'd probably go Season 1 > Season 3 > Season 2 but I love them all and really need to rewatch all of them.

6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I don't think people saying Season 3 is the weakest is really "backlash" at all, artificial or not.

Season 3 has a great villain, MEW and McGregor are really good but my god did they waste Carrie Coon. Her character was just boring, people tend to forget she was even in it and she's arguably the main character. It feels more bloated and slow than the other seasons. It was still better than most TV that year, but it wasn't on par with the first two for me.

Kuri44 and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, saying it’s artificial seems silly to me. It was still critically acclaimed, just like the other seasons, but it’s non uncommon for people to say 1 or 2 was better. I love all three, 1 being my favorite.

Seems like calling backlash on something ‘artificial’ is just hand-waving away opinions you don’t agree with.

8. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

take it from someone who's mid-re watch of S3, it's stellar. The Minnesota cultural humor is on point, the nod's to previous seasons are well done, and the villain is excellent (as someone up above pointed out.) Plus the black mirror-esque through-line about technology too.

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

nobody has denied that it's very good

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  10. Kuri44

2>1>3

Three is my least favorite but I still fucking loved it. It’s also the only season I’ve rewatched and I appreciated it so much more on second viewing

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I can't wait for the new season because I feel like we've had this same conversation for a year straight haha

12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yeah this is my ranking too

13. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Can’t believe it’s been two and a half years since season 3

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Probably gonna be a while before we get season 4 too...Didn't they just start filming? Could be late summer/early fall by the time it premieres.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Feel like the last seasons and Legion all had a pretty quick premiere after filming. I’m guessing March

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  16. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah was real disappointed in this thread when I saw the teaser on FX over the holiday, and nobody here uploaded it or said anything. Though with that vid being a one shot on someone’s phone I’m wondering if they never officially sent that teaser out or it was a surprise??

Kingjohn_654 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  18. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

So glad FX on Hulu is a thing now.

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Cept ’ The Americans and Justified aren’t on there correct??

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  20. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Soon.

Then new episodes of this 3am day after.

Kingjohn_654 and Cameron like this.
  21. Anthony_

Yeah I would've posted about it but I wasn't watching FX at all this past week and it doesn't look like it's been put online officially yet.

22. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  23. Excited. I haven't rewatched any of this since the seasons first came out so I should before this one arrives. Hard to believe the first one is almost six years old. Feels like a lifetime ago in today's television landscape.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  24. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Cautiously optimistic. I didn't think Legion finished strong at all, but I'm hoping Hawley can focus his attention and make this a good season.

I Am Mick likes this.
  25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I couldn't make it past the first season of Legion. I didn't hate it, but it was a bit much for me.