Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fargo (FX) TV Show • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by kbeef2, May 20, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I was thinking they did beat her to death?

2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Did you watch the end?

3. airik625 May 20, 2017
    (Last edited: May 20, 2017)
    airik625

Yes. She looked dead to me?

My wife said she saw her move her head in the bathtub; I must have missed it though.

4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

She was moving. If they were going to kill her they wouldn't have bothered showing her come home

Anthony_D'Elia and trevorshmevor like this.
  5. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Also if you catch the next episode segment after each episode she's confirmed still alive

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah idk I still don't get why people aren't feeling this season. It's like, people keep saying this season isn't different enough from the others, that it's more of the same, but like you said it's literally nothing like them in terms of plot. Sure, the tone and feel is the same, but that's just because it's an anthology series and without that it wouldn't even be Fargo. This plot is so much more low-key and focused on a smaller cast of characters. I just don't get it.

7. airik625

We didn't see the bruises until she was in the bath tub. I figured they were probably beating her, but without showing it, I felt like it was rather imbiguous. Like I said, I didn't see her move and her body looked pale as can be. That's why I thought she was dead.

8. airik625

Didn't see that either.

9. Anthony_

Yeah I never watch "Next Week On..." segments for any show. I prefer to not know anything that's coming up.

suicidesaints, bachna84 and I Am Mick like this.
  10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Same, I also try to skip "last week on..." recaps since they usually hint at what's to come

suicidesaints likes this.
  11. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

just upgraded to spotify premium and like the first thing i did was compile a playlist of songs used in fargo throughout the three seasons. next to breaking bad this show has the best use of music.

12. The drums for Mr. Numbers and Mr. Wrench. Never 4get

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  13. Kuri44

Wow, did not see that coming!

14. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

suicidesaints likes this.
  15. Fuuuuuck

Kuri44 likes this.
  16. Damn, pretty tragic he had to die in that accidental, pathetic way. Really curious to see where this goes now.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  17. Anthony_

Genuinely shocked at that happening with four episodes still left.

"Meh, this show has gotten too same-y and predictable! MEHHHHHHH!"
    -The Internet after Episode 1, for some reason

18. airik625

It's ironic that the stamp is what ended up killing him.

Sigh's character cracks me up.

It actually surprised me that Nikki kind of put eveeything together, because some of the shit she says is just so out there haha.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  19. Anthony_

Sy*

20. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

I hate that they did that. I'm willing to see where it goes, but it didn't make me excited for the show. It just made me sad.

21. airik625 May 25, 2017
    (Last edited: May 25, 2017)
    airik625

I loved how the search for "Gloria Burgle" yielded no results haha. Love that theme.

22. Like most of the characters this season, I didn't feel strongly one way or the other about Ray. Wanted to care about him in the beginning, but it became apparent very quickly that his presence in the show was essentially irrelevant without Nikki. A pawn disguised as a main character. Definitely shocked since it was so unexpected, but not even a little bummed about it.

Idk the story has been great so far and the way the different camps are finally becoming very entangled has been fun to watch, but something about... maybe the pacing? feels off. It's like, I care a lot about a couple of characters and very little about everyone else. Just some mid-season thoughts -- knowing this show I'll be eating my words by ep 8 haha

23. Yeah that was super strange. Thought it'd just be left as a funny metaphorical theme, but now that it's affecting the storyline by being observed by a separate character, I feel like there's gotta be a real explanation

24. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Brutal, frustrating....exactly how we're supposed to feel about it

25. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

I think it just goes back to her mentioning to Officer Mac (can't recall his real name lol) that she doesn't have a facebook, and presumably, any other kind of social media presence.

And that Eden Valley's police office/force is so minimal that they don't even use computer systems. Granted it takes a suspension of disbelief that there aren't any other Gloria Burgles in the world or that she'd be mentioned in an online article at SOME point, but since the whole theme of this season has been truth vs perception (basically), suspension of disbelief is sort of bound up in all that.

It's interesting too, on that note, how the three "true" stories Varga mentions at the beginning of the episode escalate from entirely true, to disputed, to outright false.

I Am Mick and trevorshmevor like this.