Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fantasy Football 2022

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by David87, Jul 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Starting off the 2022 season in a bang

Wow. Crazy

2. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

hello friends

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Curious to see what Berry is gonna do. He was the king of FF on ESPN. Can’t imagine where he can go that would be bigger with FF.

4. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

so I've started to think about my keeper picks for my big $$ league...I am the back to back defending champ. Here are my options:

upload_2022-7-17_12-5-0.png

nothing sexy for sure. I can keep one of the orange tier (rounds 4-9) and one of the white tier (Rounds 10+). I also don't have to keep one or anyone if I want. FYI I had Jonathan Taylor round 1, Mixon round 2, and Justin Jefferson round 3 (keeper trade last year) that I can't keep.

I think Hollywood Brown in the 10th is a lock. FantasyPros has him at 57th overall and WR23 which for a 10 round pick is awesome. I was debating keeping Singletary in the 9th but I think I want to wait to see how training camp looks for Buffalo and how they use Cook.

5. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I feel like Brown is the absolute lock, but honestly I’d rather keep no one else.

I HATE Jacobs this year, Claypool is so uncertain and you can do way better in the 5th, Wilson is great but you can also get him after the 5th, and Singletary I think hovers right around the 9th/10th range. He’s prob a safe play to start the season as I think his role could still be his. Cook might only eat into the passing down/3rd down role … but obviously that’s a wait and see situation.

whitenblue88 and xbrokendownx like this.
  6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I've got some keeper decisions I'm going to have to make soon. This is PPR, and without getting into all the keeper rules, i can keep one WR, one RB, and one "Any" position...and with the makeup of my team, that means I'm either gonna be keeping a 2nd WR or a 2nd RB in that any slot. So, basically I gotta make a decision between all these guys. * indicates that I can also keep them in my "Rookie" keeper slot not mentioned above

Terry McLaurin $8
    Brandin Cooks $9
    Michael Thomas $28
    Allen Robinson $21
    Tim Patrick $6
    Rondale Moore* $5

Chase Edmonds $17
    Miles Sanders $19
    Darrel Willaims $6
    Trey Sermon* $15
    Devin Singletary $1

My first thought is it's gotta be McLaurin, Cooks, and Sanders at those prices, right? Or is it Edmonds or Singletary instead? Either way, it's DEFINITELY two of those WRs and one RB, correct?

Bonus question is, should I keep either of those two * guys in my keeper rookie slot? Sermon is almost a def not at that price but who knows who breaks out in the 49ers backfield this preseason. Moore for $5 is probably more than he's gonna go for in drafts, right?

7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

....but also the Allen Robinson in LA hype train is attractive...

8. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I’d probably do McLaurin, Cooks, and Singletary. And none of the rookies

I prefer Sanders to Singletary in a vacuum, but not by so much that I wouldn’t pass up keeping a probable starting RB for $1

David87 and preppyak like this.
  9. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Yeah, these are the answers because of the prices. Like ARob may go for more than $21, but for $3 less you can have 2 WRs who probably do 90% his numbers AND a dart-throw RB for the early season

David87 and whitenblue88 like this.
  10. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Really cannot stand reading a “League Winner” article and they write an entire blurb on Dalvin Cook.

Dude is gonna be a top 5-6 pick. What are we doing here.

11. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I’m keeping D’andre Swift in the 4th round and every article & video so far this camp has me feeling real good about it.

12. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I think hes like 13 or 14 overall on FantasyPros consensus rankings, so yeah thats great value

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  13. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Do you guys use a specific site for doing your in person offline drafts? We always have 2-3 guys who cant make it live, so we use a software that they can log into and see

We've been using ClickyDraft the past few years, but wondering if there are better options

14. we back, almost time for some mock drafts

15. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

This is my first year playing fantasy. Anyone have any good resources for pointers and tips?

16. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Fantasypros is a solid website to go to for articles, rankings, analysis, etc.

I recommend doing mock drafts prior to your draft just to give you an idea of what to expect.

ncarrab, HelloThisIsDog and preppyak like this.
  17. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Yep, I even think the one year I did their draft wizard thing that basically tracks along with your draft and highlights people off ADP, positions of need, etc. But usually I just run a bunch of mocks there and see how I do.

HelloThisIsDog likes this.
  18. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Thanks!

19. preppyak

Elite Supporter

FantasyPros is the best for drafting.

Fantasysp is probably the best trade analyzer (Fantasy Football Trade Analyzer and Trade Calculator), since the Yahoo/ESPN trade comparisons are sometimes just hilarious. They also have a decent "who to start" tool.

And then for week-to-week stuff, honestly its better to just google "Week _ pickups" and read a few different versions. Where they all agree are probably the right moves, and sometimes you find a surprise answer that fits your roster

20. preppyak

Elite Supporter

[​IMG]

David87 likes this.
  21. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I think I want a 7-12th pick this year. Give me Jefferson/Diggs/Adams in the first round and maybe land a Barkley/Kamara in the 2nd round.

To pair with my Swift in the 4th.

22. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I have 4th overall in my big $$ league and I am strongly, strongly considered taking Justin Jefferson

23. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Honestly I might be with you on that.

I think I would take in order:
    Jonathan Taylor
    Ekeler
    Cook
    Jefferson

I know it seems crazy to pass on CMC or Henry, but I’m nervous on both.

24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

My big money 16 team keeper league moved to the Sleeper app this year. Seems fine I’m just sick of having so many different fantasy football sites/apps to go to lol

In that league, I get to keep 3. Undraftrd guys kept would be kept in the 12th round…Im currently choosing between KJ Osborne and Kendrick Bourne. The Osborne hype seems to be building a little

25. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

would ya'll keep Devin Singletary for a 9th round pick? His ADP right now is 6th-7th round in 0.5 ppr leagues

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.