Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fantasy Football 2021 Football

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Jul 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Training camps are set to start in about 3 weeks.

Away we go!

2. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I won my big $$ league last year so now I have to pick 12th...I fucking hate picking 1st or 12th just for the wait between picks alone

3. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Give me #12 over #1 though for sure...at least I can usually grab a top 3 WR and solid RB in that spot...1st pick, sure you get the top RB, but that can be an injury crapshoot and by the time you pick again at 24, most of the elite guys are gone

xbrokendownx likes this.
  4. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

in the same league referenced above, its a keeper league. So we can keep one player drafted in the 8th round or later last year (have to be on your roster the entire year) OR keep the same guy you kept last year for their ADP round + 1. I churn my roster a ton, so my only real options are:

Josh Allen first pick of the 4th round (his ADP is currently 3rd round)
    Jalen Reagor in the 10th (no way I am doing this)

honestly may just pass on keeping anyone....

5. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Probably best to pass on keeping anyone really, there are tons of QB's available and with you having back to back picks you can afford to take one when your options are running low, let someone else start that run on QB's, One of the rookies or someone who will start all year like Tua will be available pretty late I'd assume.

6. preppyak

Elite Supporter

If this were one round later, I'd say absolutely do it...because you pick last in the 5th round. But you get the first pick of the 4th round, which is the perfect spot for a high tier RB2 or even the very end of the WR1's. RB especially, because thats that line where like Josh Jacobs or David Montgomery types go...and the RBs that come after that are complete crapshoots

But Allen may well fall a round by the time the drafts hit

xbrokendownx and uuu like this.
  7. xbrokendownx Jul 13, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 13, 2021)
    xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Same league as above

I got offered:

Justin Jefferson OR Antonio Gibson
    5th round pick (57th overall)

for

Josh Allen
    3rd round pick (36th overall)

hmmmm. I would be able to keep Jefferson/Gibson next year for his ADP + 1 round also.

uuu likes this.
  8. preppyak Jul 13, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 13, 2021)
    preppyak

Elite Supporter

I think its probably worth doing if you compare the outcomes. Gibson + Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers say, is probably a better outcome that Allen + whichever RB is there at 57.

The worst part of Pick 12 is that wait between Pick 13 and Pick 36...and you get to skip that and know you have Gibson.

uuu and xbrokendownx like this.
  9. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I’ve posted before my keeper options for this year, but let’s make it official in the new fantasy thread:

Ridley in the 4th
    Cam Akers in 7th
    Josh Allen in the 8th
    Antonio Gibson in the 10th
    Justin Jefferson in the 10th

I think I’m leaning towards Gibson at this point. The WR depth is ridiculous and if Gibson is my “RB3” then I think I’ll be in good spot lol

10. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

just based on ADP, Gibson's is at 19 right now from what I see, so yeah that in round 10 is kinda nuts

Donnie Ruth and uuu like this.
  11. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I think his ADP has potential to continue to rise if Washington continues to hype him up during training cam/pre-season.

preppyak likes this.
  12. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Its 100% one of those two guys, and yeah...you can get someone not as good as Jefferson, but maybe 90% as good in the 5th/6th/7th round. You aint getting a solid RB2/borderline RB1 in anything other than the first two rounds

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Just renewed both of my leagues. LFG!

14. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Welp already can add Cam Akers to the list of terrible injuries to this season, damn. Was excited to watch him breakout this year.

15. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Fuck, I feel so bad for Akers

16. broken22

(:

Anybody have a league I could possibly join ?!

17. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

My favorite part about doing mock drafts a month before the season is building a freakin’ unrealistic wagon of a team which in no way would ever happen.

18. David87 Aug 9, 2021
    (Last edited: Aug 9, 2021)
    David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Alright, need to pick keepers. PPR, Can keep 1 of each offensive position, Plus 1 rookie and 1 at any position.

So basically, that means I gotta pick 3 to keep between this group:

Aaron Jones $8
    James Conner $8
    Mike Davis $6
    Mike Evans $47
    Robby Anderson $6
    Will Fuller $10
    Jarvis Landry $11

Aaron Jones is obvious. In my league the top guys tend to go for top dollar, so Evans at $47 could possibly be a discount, but hard to be sure after last year. Robby Anderson at $6 feels like the better bargain right now but he's gonna have Darnold now so...?? I could keep both those WRs, but I think Mike Davis is probably the way to go, so I'd have two RBs and would ahve to pick a WR. What say you?

I'll also have to decide between Tannehill or Taysom Hill for $6. Prob leaning Tannehill there.

19. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Those are your obvious choices...I might honestly go Fuller for the upside, but, depends how deep the league, etc. And full PPR might argue for Landry. But yeah, no world you spend $6 for Mike Davis over $8 for Aaron Jones

An incredibly easy choice of tannehill, who was #7 in fantasy last year and who probably outscored Hill in nearly every week they were both starters. The mirage of Hill is you "get a RB who's also a QB", except he's not a QB, and he's not that good a RB either.

uuu likes this.
  20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Interesting perspective. I like Fuller a lot but new team with a very questionable QB makes me nervous. I guess you could say Anderson is in the same boat QB-wise. Landry I like too but he let me down a little bit last year, and now ODB is back. You really think I throw Davis back over them? If he's the guy in ATL he could be real solid.

21. preppyak

Elite Supporter

I think I misread how you typed your leagues rules; I saw 1 at each position and 1 rookie, so I assumed Mike Davis was out. Re-reading it, yeah, I'd keep Mike Davis over any of those WRs for the 3rd spot. So, Jones, Davis, and then the WR you take the risk with. I think Landry is stronger with ODB back; since he takes the attention and Landry soaks up more shorter targets...so if you want a WR3/Flex play, you go him. If you are willing to take risks, Will Fuller has like 2 games a year that will win you the week...

Wouldnt touch Robby Anderson with a 39 and a half foot pole since he wanted the fuck out of NY precisely because Sam Darnold is dogshit

David87 likes this.
  22. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I think you gotta go Jones, Davis and Fuller

David87 likes this.
  23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm really surprised with the Fuller love, especially over Evans (though the target share for Evans scares me). I've been a big Fuller guy the last few years even through all the missed games, I'm just real worried about learning a new offense and Tua being his QB haha

I do think if it's between him and Landry I'd prob keep Fuller just because I think there's a better chance Landry goes for that price or less anyway while Fuller could get bid up for the upside.

24. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Fuller is less than 1/4 of the value of Evans

obviously Evans is the better player, but keepers are all about value...especially in an auction.

25. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Yeah, Fuller at $10 + whatever reciever comes for $35 (guess Im not sure your auction budget)...so, probably a verge WR1 (McLaurin/Robinson/Cooper type)...is a stronger combo than just Evans.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.