Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fantasy Football 2020 Football • Page 83

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Aug 5, 2020.

1. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I’m doing a playoff fantasy. QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, TE. PPR. I have the 8th pick of out 14. Gonna be fun

2. might be the play, at worst you just trade one for a stud wr

3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

My auction league is also a keeper league so always hard to plan out what I want to do there this early, always depends on my keeper prices and what positions I need.

My other league is a keeper as well but the rules mean most of the studs are there. I almost always make it to the finals or semis in that league so I'm always drafting near the turn. It's a 12 teamer so depending on my keepers I usually find myself going for WRs at that slot. This past year I kept Ekeler and AJ Brown so I think I ended up taking Tyreek Hill and Nick Chubb. Then by the time the 3rd pick came around it was a bunch of stuff I didn't want so I drafted Robert Woods.

My big money league swithced back to randomized draft order a couple years ago, but we've been randomized towards the back of that draft the last few years too. We've gone WR-WR a lot there but this past year we went RB-WR

4. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

5. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I’ll be able to keep Gibson in the 10th next season so I’m hoping to go RB, WR, RB next season.

Okay I gotta stop thinking of next draft lol

6. this just in, draft a mobile qb

7. preppyak

Elite Supporter

My league does have one advantage to this strategy...we got rid of the TE slot 2 years ago, so we have 2 flexes instead. Meaning I can start 4WR any week to 2RB. This season, had I gone zero RB, I'd have gotten Gibson and someone like Henderson, picked up Robinson on undrafted waivers, probably held Bernard and/or Mattison as hope. Taking the top WR taken after me in each of the first 5 rounds, I'd have Davante Adams, Deandre Hopkins, Mike Evans, AJ Brown, and DK Metcalf. Dont even need to start a RB most weeks with that.

Getting rid of D/ST but keeping TE's seems...backwards. I'd say the order of "positions with the worst depth and/or shittiest luck" go TE, K, then D/ST

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  8. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Yeah, Robust RB sounds like a terrible, terrible strategy, especially since so many teams do committees, injuries pile up, and rookie RBs pop up out of nowhere all the time. Reading this made me hurt for him:

In August, I was willing to forego guys like Davante Adams and Tyreek Hill at the 1/2 turn in order to force the Robust RB strategy. That meant taking players like Kenyan Drake, Miles Sanders, and Clyde Edwards-Helaire over these elite WR1s.

I believe I pick 10th next year, so Im almost certainly hammering WR/WR in the first 2 rounds. If say a Najee Harris type is there in the 3rd, Id take them, but more likely I dont take a RB til that Round 4 or 5 at best.

9. preppyak

Elite Supporter

In my other league where I won the consolation playoff and get the #1 pick, I'll absolutely take Kamara or CMC and then take WRs in the Rd 2/3 wraparound

Fronnyfron likes this.
  10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I *always* go RBs with my first two picks and usually take a WR in the third round, but I'm not against fucking around and taking a 3rd RB with the 3rd pick either.