Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fantasy Football 2020 Football • Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yeah once you hit the 3rd round the RB situation is BRUTAL. Especially for you because if you took Thomas 10th overall, I imagine the top 9 picks were RB and depleted the position.

I have my less serious family league draft tonight; which is weird because my big money league drafted a stupid month ago.

2. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I strongly regret taking Michael Thomas at 9. I really don’t like how this team panned out at RB2 - hope a couple of these guys pan out and it works out

12 Team
    QB - Stafford, Jones
    RB - Chubb, Mostert, Gibson, Swift, Moss
    WR - Thomas, AJ Brown, Green, Samuel, P.Campbell
    TE - Andrews
    D - Eagles
    K - Koo

3. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Drafted last night (shout out @CarpetElf for the assist since I haven’t been following that much football this summer)

2 QB league, .5 PPR 10 team

QB - Ryan, Baker, Geaux
    RB - Zeke, Conner, Gibson, Dobbins, Mack
    WR - Evans, Metcalf, Parker, Lamb
    TE - Kelce
    Def - Bucs
    K - Lutz

kinda worried about my WR2 situation, but I think if metcalf can make a leap this year my roster is fairly solid.

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. Drew Baldy

Trusted

This is why I've went RB, RB, RB in all three drafts I've done and I do not regret it in the least. There is so much value in the later rounds on WR.

I'm still shocked I was able to get A.J. Green in 6th and 7th rounds of two of my drafts. It's like sure I'll take a WR that has been a WR1 multiple years in the 6th/7th round. I know he was out all last season, but honestly that made me feel better about taking him. Gave him plenty of time to heal up.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah in my draft last night I went 3 RB to start (Henry, Ekeler, Carson) and then got my 2 starting WR in DJ Moore and DJ Chark. Pretty happy with that.

Drew Baldy likes this.
  6. Drew Baldy

Trusted

In one league I went CMC, Conner, Carson and in another I went Henry, Mixon, Gurley.

In the first league I ended up with Keenan Allen, A.J. Green, and Robert Woods as my 3 starting WR

In the second one I Terry McLaurin, Robert Woods, and A.J. Green as my 3 starting WR

I've been trying to stress to everyone (outside of my leagues, lol) that there is so much value at WR late in these drafts that it just makes sense to start with RB's.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  7. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yep I learned how shallow RB gets ... quickly. A kid in my league drafted Michael Thomas in the first and Kelce in the 2nd. That is obviously lethal having the best TE/WR, however, his 2nd RB is Dobbins and 3rd RB is J Howard. Brutal.

Drew Baldy likes this.
  8. CEH was the only viable RB at 10th so that might come back to bite me in the ass

But I’m confident MT/Nuk will play up to their standards and I’ll be able to flip one of them for a RB

it seems that from everyone I’ve talked to their big money leagues drafted way too early lol

9. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

how do ya'll feel about Cam Akers for week 1? I am debating between him, Ronald Jones, and Jarvis Landry for my flex in a 12 team 0.5 PPR

uuu likes this.
  10. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Had my family league, 12 team PPR. I got the 12th pick and it’s absolutely brutal. I don’t love this team.

QB: Deshaun Watson
    RB: Jacobs, Sanders, Fournette, Pollard, Swift, Boston Scott
    WR: AJ Brown, Golladay, Hollywood Brown, D Johnson, Pittman Jr
    TE: Jonnu, Ebron
    K: Koo
    DEF: Vikings

11. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

10 team, 0.5 ppr. 2WR/2RB/1 Flex. Thoughts?

QB: Watson
    WR: Julio, JuJu, AJ Brown, Diggs, Keenan Allen, Deebo
    RB: Saquon, Sanders, Dobbins, D Montgomery
    TE: Hurst, Hockenson

12. Drew Baldy

Trusted

this team makes me wish I was in a 10 man league.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  13. Drew Baldy

Trusted

1(ppr):

Todd Gurley or David Johnson in the flex?

Starting Henry and Mixon

14. I would lean DJ since it’s looking like a shootout tomorrow

15. Drew Baldy

Trusted

would you feel comfortable running David Johnson and Will Fuller?

16. Chiefs #2 CB would be covering him and Cooks is injured so I would do it

Drew Baldy likes this.
  17. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

If Evans doesn’t play this weekend I’ll have to start...

metcalf and ceedee lol

edit: I do have Parker, but he’s also listed as questionable

18. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Parker will play

and he owns Steph Gilmore so keep that in mind

GrantCloud likes this.
  19. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Big Akers guy.

20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Had my main league drafts the last few days.

Here's my keeper team auction....I really "Got the band back together" more or less from my championship team last year. THe big difference is I declined to keep Tyreek Hill, and I ended up paying for Julio Jones instead. If I could do it over, I probably would have rather bought Tyreek again. Not happy with the quality of my RB depth, which I probably needed considering my starters, but...hopefully they both stay healthy and get the touches. Going with two TEs is a strategy that has worked out for me in the past, hoping it continues to work here. If one of them crashes and burns I have the WR depth to take up that flex spot IMO. Oh, also I learned last yaer that our league doesn't have rules about having to fill every spot in the draft, so I drafted an extra bench guy and will pick up a kicker when one of these guys inevitably gets ruled out lol..But, here it is....10 teams, PPR

QB - Dak Prescott $6 (K)
    RB-Aaron Jones $7 (K)
    RB-James Conner $7 (K)
    WR-Mike Evans $42 (K)
    WR-Julio Jones $61
    WR-Jarvis Landry $10
    TE-Mark Andrews $3 (K)
    W/R/T-Zach Ertz $17

K-(Blank)
    D/ST-Patriots $2

Bench-David Montgomery $7
    Bench-Will Fuller V $9
    Bench-Brandon Cooks $5
    Bench-Matt Breida $6
    Bench-Ronald Jones II $2
    Bench-Marlon Mack $3
    Bench-John Brown $1
    Bench-Latavius Murray $3

I had Jarvis, Fuller, and John BRown last year and rotated them around a lot in my #3 and flex spots, so I was happy to get those 3 back again this year, I figure at least one of them will prove to be a competent WR3 again. I also had Montgomery last year but at a much higher price lol. I tried to get Jordan Howard too but someone kept bidding him up and I wasnt going to pay that much to monopolize the Dolphins backfield.

21. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

That's a sick team. Auction drafts are great. Sleeper is implementing a salary cap in the future and I am infinitely excited for it.

David87 likes this.
  22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah but if you had told me going into the draft that my "big spends" with the money I had left were gonna be Julio and Ertz, I would have said naaah. I think I'm letting my ageism get the best of me there though, this is the first year where I haven't been all in on Julio, I think I'm just afraid of him hitting the age wall. Probably an unfounded fear.

I went in with a plan but did VERY little research this year because of the pandemic, and my league went nuts. We have a $200 budget and....CMC WENT FOR $101!!!! By far, the craziest, most insane draft I've seen in this league. Before that the highest price ever on a guy was $80. So basiically all the guys I was planning on spending big on went for WAY more than I was expecting them to and getting Julio at $61 is reasonable by comparison haha. BUT he was nominated after Tyreek who only went for $56 and who I would have rather had.

uuu likes this.
  23. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

I'm awful at auction drafts because I never try to get steals.

If I think Kyler is worth $60, I'm nominating him right away and trying for $60, that's it.

David87 likes this.
  24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

It has taken me a while to realize that I gotta be willing to spend way more than what their listed value is early, and that a lot of mid-tier names and sleepers will be there for cheap later. At least that is the dynamic in my league, and the keepers def play into that.

uuu likes this.
  25. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

shit, maybe I should have taken CEH 4th overall...