Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fantasy Football 2020 Football

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Aug 5, 2020.

1. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

might as well get this kicked off...hopefully there is a season

First question...half point PPR, which one of these would you keep?

WR Michael Gallup (9th round)
    RB Devin Singletary BUF (13th round)
    QB Josh Allen BUF (15th round)

2. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

My league is so dumb and we are doing our draft tomorrow. For some reason they chose THIS YEAR to be the one to do it a month early. Absurd.

3. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

honestly with no preseason games and no reporters at practice to report on what they're seeing, I'm not sure how much it matters how early the draft is

but I get you, its weird

4. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

My stupid ass big money league did their draft and I genuinely hate doing it 4 weeks before the season, a season which will either not happen or get delayed. It’s a keeper league 12 man.

QB: Dak
    RB: Kamara, Gurley, R Jones, A Gibson, Mattison
    WR: A Cooper, Ridley, Fuller, Jeudy, Crowder, Watkins, Pittman Jr
    TE: Hunter Henry, Goedert
    DEF: San Fran

I have many “fun” players I love to watch that all have huge boom upside potential, mixed with obvious and potentially dreadful busts. Whatever, that’s what happens when we do a draft foo early and I don’t have much time to see how backfields, training camps, and opt outs shake out. I took the huge Gurley gamble despite him limping around lol.

5. Night Channels

Trusted

Motor Singletary

6. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

someone actually offered me a 6th rounder for Singletary which would give me two 6ths

So I think I will probably take that and then keep Allen in the 15th

Night Channels likes this.
  7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

All 3 of my leagues are still trying to get short sorted out. Two of them are keeper leagues, adding to the trouble.

In one keeper league, I have a deluge of WR's at extremely attractive keeper prices. I can keep 2 of these guys max, so I'm trying to trade one or two away to pick up a rookie keeper and/or possibly a QB. So I guess the way to word this question is...which two, at their price points, do you think I should definitely keep? The top 2 are both so cheap compared to waht they're probably worth (For some reason my league really didn't bid these guys up last year)...but trading one of them for a cheap rookie or two and then keeping one of the other guys seems very appealing to letting me go into the draft with a bunch of cash. help!

Tyreek Hill $53
    Mike Evans $42
    Jarvis Landry $14
    Will Fuller V $15
    John Brown $3
    AJ Green $18

And is it crazy or is it possible that John Brown might be the best keeper value wise there outside of the top 2 because I feel like he's the one I'm least likely to get back at that price in the draft? Feels like Landry, Fuller, and Green could all go for similar price points to what I'd have to pay to keep them. I know Diggs is in Buffalo now but still.

I'm thinking I try and trade either Hill or Evans to get a rookie keeper WR like AJ Brown and then basically go into my draft keeping Hill or Evans/Aj Brown/One of the other guys on this list. So basically my starting 3 WRs (or 2 of my starting WRs and my flex) are filled going into the draft.

8. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

me personally, I think I would go Evans and Brown. Evans is a WR1 and Brown is at worst a good bench option and for that cheap its hard to pass up.

I would see what people would give you for Tyreek for sure

David87 likes this.
  9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I just realized that ESPN has Dak Prescott ranked pretty high. I had him on my team for most (all?) of the year last year, why do I feel like he wasn't really that good? Somehow he was 2nd in points according to their blurb? Just doesn't feel like that's true haha.

But the guy that has AJ Brown also has Carson Wentz so I was thinking of offering him Hill and maybe another one of my lesser WRs for Brown and Wentz but now I'm questioning whether I should just keep Dak.

10. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I feel very good about Dak this season with Amari, Gallup, Lamb, and Zeke. I drafted him!

11. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

my big $$ draft, 12 teams 0.5 ppr

QB- Josh Allen (K- 15th round)
    RB- Kamara, M. Ingram, C. Akers, R. Jones, L. Murray, Z. Moss
    WR- D. Hopkins, A. Thielen, J. Landry, J. Reagor, J. Jeudy, P. Williams
    TE- D. Waller, J. Cook
    D/ST- Vikings
    K- Z. Gonzalez

tons of rookies but they always fly off the board in this league so I wanted to be able to get a good keeper for next year

12. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

That is a solid crew! You get 4th/5th pick?

xbrokendownx likes this.
  13. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

4th yep

Had two 6ths as well from a keeper trade

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  14. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yep I took Kamara 4th overall too! Once I landed 4th pick I was SO pumped I’d be getting him. That’s lucky you got two 6th rounders. This was the first year I didn’t fuck myself over by trading away a mid round pick the year before lol

xbrokendownx likes this.
  15. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I have Ronald Jones and Zack Moss

one team has Leonard Fournette and Devin Singletary

would you trade Jones for Singletary?

16. Night Channels

Trusted

yes

Singletary is actually good. Jones is all hype right now.

17. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Jones is all hype. And my RB3. And I’m so mad.

18. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Has Yahoo added COVID ONLY injury spots? I want to up the IR spots from 1 to 3, but I don't want to have it so that people can put just any injury in there.

19. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

don't think so...regardless, its kind of hard to manipulate the IR all that much since you have to always make a corresponding roster move to take a guy off of it

I think you are only allowed to put guys on there who are listed as OUT, but I could be wrong

20. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Drafted Tuesday for the league I'm commissioner in (we usually put in $50 each and have a decent payout, but this year we are just putting $10 in each because of Covid). I had no interest in fantasy until draft day and now I'm really glad we decided to go ahead and move on with the season. Hope it can last. I've ready they had a relatively low positive rate during training camps so we will see. Anyways I got 10th pick and here's my team (1 PPR with a flex):

QB: Matthew Stafford
    RB: Derrick Henry
    RB: Joe Mixon
    WR: Terry McLaurin
    WR: Robert Woods
    WR: Will Fuller
    Flex: Todd Gurley
    TE: Mike Gesicki
    K: Jake Elliott
    DEF: Indianapolis

Bench: A.J. Green
    Bench: Jamison Crowder
    Bench: Golden Tate
    Bench: Chris Thompson
    Bench: David Johnson
    Bench: Nyheim Hines

This is the first team in a while I've really really liked. Went RB, RB, RB and do not regret it at all

TSLROCKS and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  21. preppyak

K.O. Rocks! Prestigious

Correct, even a Doubtful player cant go on an IR slot until they get marked out.

But once they get put on the reserve list, they should be IR eligible. Feels like the kind of thing you could police as a commissioner if you want...but might be a lot of work

22. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Drafted in my second league last night (1st pick, 1ppr):

QB: Big Ben
    RB: CMC
    RB: James Conner
    RB: Chris Carson
    RB: Kareem Hunt
    RB: David Montgomery
    RB: Nyheim Hines
    WR: Keenan Allen
    WR: Robert Woods
    WR: A.J. Green
    WR: Deebo Samuels
    WR: Bryan Edwards
    WR: DeSean Jackson
    TE: Blake Jarwin
    K: Younghoe Koo
    DEF: Eagles

23. stvvvn Sep 8, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 8, 2020)
    stvvvn

2 v’s are e’s

Drafted 10th last night

QB: Kyler Murray
    RB: Chris Carson
    RB: Antonio Gibson
    WR: Michael Thomas
    WR: DeAndre Hopkins
    TE: Ian Thomas
    K: Will Lutz
    DEF: KC

Bench

Jarvis Landry
    Keenan Allen
    Zack Moss
    Sterling Shepard
    Baker Mayfield
    Joshua Kelley

just traded Gibson for Hooper
    put in waiver claim for Michel/dropping Kelley

GrantCloud likes this.
  24. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

How many teams?

I feel like I’m very nervous by your RB situation despite having a lethal WR duo.

25. stvvvn

2 v’s are e’s

12. I reached for Kyler in the 4th in order to stack him with Nuk. Didn’t think he’d be there 20 picks later, but the RBs left at that point were White, Bell, Gurley and Fournette