Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fantasy Football 2019 • Page 8

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PeacefulOrca, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah we were watching round 3 happen and going holy shit these guys are actually falling to us. We had 4 RBs in our head of who we wanted to take at that round 3-4 swing, and we expected maybe 2 of them to be there and instead all 4 were. Definitely did not expect to get Jones there

2. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

That 3rd-4th round swing is pretty sweet because Jones, Jacobs, Freeman, Carson, James White, Mack, Ingram, Lindsey, and Henry are all in there with Montgomery right behind. I don't love all of them, but if you have 2 elite WR's you'll take a combination with these.

David87 likes this.
  3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yep. Jones, Carson, Freeman, and Mack were the 4 we had in mind. Mack was the original pick but we talked ourselves into Carson between Luck and Mack’s injury histories and such. But the hype train on Carson this summer has been real strong

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  4. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yep I would feel better taking Carson (at this point) than Mack. The Luck injury is scaring me.

5. chcougar1

Trusted

DJ tore his ACL?! He was still RB10 with that awful offense last year. I still like him quite a bit. I’m not getting one of the top 4 with pick 6. I do agree that if Hopkins is there I will take him and if it’s thomas and DJ available it will be a tough call.

6. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Idk how much do is gonna get to run behind that ol

7. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

the difference is that DJ may have a zillion catches when Kyler is running for his life and dumping it off

PeacefulOrca and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  8. chcougar1

Trusted

Yep.

I see 75 catches for DJ this year. Probably 1500 total yards and 10 total tds

9. SEANoftheDEAD Aug 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 20, 2019)
    SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

He never tore his ACL but he did tweak his MCL. Not as serious. I get the whole new coach, scheme, still a terrible offensive line argument...

But I also totally get the other narrative that says that their QB is an escape artist that will extend plays much like Wilson has done in Seattle for years and that DJ is a converted WR who will catch a ton of passes out of the backfield and be a security blanket for KM.

I'm in the same boat though. So many question marks - really not sure what I'll do if I have the 4th pick.

10. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

This is how I feel nearly at most draft spots this year haha. In my league a few 1st rounders are being kept such as Chubb and Conner, but I just have no clue what to do at like any draft spot besides 3 where I'll take whoever is left of the 3 lol.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  11. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah man its nuts. I usually don't try to reach, but this might be the year.

Remember last year when CMC was getting all this pre-season hype? He ended up going in the early second round of every draft and then went on to have an amazing season.

Sucks Chubb and Conner are both keepers in your league - I can see myself reaching for Chubb somewhere in the mid first. I know there's question marks with Hunt returning late in the season, but Chubb could be one of the best backs in the league this year with a ton of scoring potential.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  12. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

CMC in the 2nd round last year was the steal of the draft for everyone who got him!

But yep Chubb being kept in the 10th round (drafted 1 pick before me) and then Conner in the 15th (I DRAFTED HIM but I traded him mid season when his production dipped and Bell was rumored to be back in 2 weeks for Diggs). UGH.

But yep, I think this year there are more question marks than certainties and I would definitely reach a bit for a player you love and know will do great.

13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

You got robbed haha. How do you feel about Conner this year? A lot of analysts are down on him because of Samuels. But Conner did play all 14 snaps with the starters over the weekend and still looks great.

if you're drafting somewhere in the back half of the first round, like 8-12 range, who are some of your main targets you hope to get??

14. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Picked 1st which sucks ass, not big on my receivers. Hopefully Gordon gets his contract figured out soon otherwise I’m fucked but if he plays him and Saquon will be real nice
    26380C66-FFD8-403A-BD1D-06B3B8EE86A9.jpeg BEA6B4A9-1A37-4209-9887-8AF1AD0CBDD4.jpeg

15. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

16. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

17. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

yeah I definitely would not have picked Melvin Gordon, especially in a 10 team league, but you have some decent upside RBs on your bench even without him

if Justin Jackson is available I would try and pick him up in place of Jaylen Samuels

18. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I grabbed him in like the 5th round just to roll the dice.

Every single other WR I wanted kept getting taken right before me

19. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Coleman could have a good game against TB week 1. Maybe try and package him and Golladay for a WR upgrade.

20. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

My friend in my money league needed help with his other draft in some random league with a WWE writer, so i decided to help to an extent but didn’t go too crazy with giving him my players/sleepers I like:
    12 team PPR

QB: Matt Ryan
    RB: Barkley, Damien Williams, Michel, Lindsey, J Samuels, Barber
    WR: Thielen, Cooks, Sanders, Tate, Fitz
    TE: Andrews (accidentally drafted him when we were gonna grab Olsen)
    K: Lutz
    Defense: can’t remember

I purposely didn’t tell him about Justice Hill and my other sleepers, and also let him draft Damien Williams when I would have grabbed Fournette, Aaron Jones, or Freeman lol.

21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Still undecided on what to do here. On one hand only three players went for more than $58 last year, so the risk that I'd end up paying more for him than it would cost to keep doesn't seem too high...but on the other hand I feel like a lot of teams have more money to play with this year and a couple of the top WRs are almost definitely being kept (Ju Ju, Hopkins, Theilen) , and I think a few others have a chance to be (diggs, evans, etc),so the premium on the other guys may go up a little.

If I keep him, I'll have Aaron Jones, James Connor, Kalen Ballage, and Julio Jones, and I'd have $124 left over to draft with. If I don't, I'd have those 3 guys and $182 dollars to draft with.

Related--I should keep Ballage for $6, right? It's probably over paying for hm a little bit at this point but I do think it's possible he goes for more than that in this league.

22. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

If alot of the stud WRs are being kept, than keeping Julio would def help your team out, which is what I'd do.

So you'd have a RB thats projected as a first/second rounder in Conner, a third rounder in Jones, a first rounder in Julio, and after seeing last night's game - not a whole lot in Ballage lol.

Plus you'd have $124 left to build around them.

Keeping the other 3 and having $182 sounds enticing, but what WRs would even be available for you to bid on? And who says you are actually able to get them anyway? I would just much rather have a team with Julio on it, than a team without.

David87 likes this.
  23. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

So now I'm reading reports that the Cowboys are going to make a deal with Zeke this weekend.

My draft is tomorrow and I'm so conflicted. If he's available for the taking but no deal is done, are we pulling the trigger and saying some prayers?

Or skipping him to avoid a Bell situation?

24. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I am in the same boat

I pick 5th tomorrow evening in my draft

25. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Idk Zeke has almost no leverage/power in this situation unless he wants to lose a shit ton of money. I think he plays this year game 1

Randall Mentzos and preppyak like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.