Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fantasy Football 2019 • Page 4

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PeacefulOrca, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I typically don't draft 2 of either. The bench space is much better used on RBs/WRs imo.

BUT this year may be the year I draft 2 QBs. I really wanna get Kyler Murray...but I may grab another QB just in case he doesnt pan out.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay I need to choose 5 out of these to keep in dynasty

Aaron jones, mike Williams, dj Moore, courtland sutton, Sammy Watkins, Curtis Samuel, Hunter Henry

I should note I have 6 no.1 RBs (maybe 5 depending on what happens with Gordon)

3. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

how is a league fun when you have 6 no.1 RBs

thats stupid

regardless:

Jones
    Moore
    Sutton
    Henry
    Williams

SEANoftheDEAD and PeacefulOrca like this.
  4. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh yea, no question. It's awful.

5. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Jones, Williams, Moore, Sutton, Henry. I like Samuel alot but I'd rather have Moore - and I'd also only want one of them.

6. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Starting my mock drafts this week and really diving into fantasy research! What I'm seeing is the running back & WR drop off hits hard. Those WR3 guys are so important at hitting it right.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  7. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

This team was taken but we do have another opening if anyone is looking

8. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Where do you guys look up fantasy content, insider buzz? I’m gonna start doing some research this week but not sure where to invest some money into, like is espn+ worth it?

9. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I do have espn+ and I like Mike Clay, but I don’t have any sure fire sources. I find myself usually just googling articles and twitter.

For mock drafts prep, I use Draft Dominator. I think you have to pay? (my brother pays) and I can put in the keepers and really prep.

GrantCloud likes this.
  10. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

GrantCloud likes this.
  11. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

If you like podcasts, I can't recommend the Fantasy Footballers enough. All 3 of their analysts rank highly every year on accuracy, which is a huge plus. But their podcast is entertaining and informative. Def check it out.

GrantCloud likes this.
  12. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah it really does. Another reason why holding off on QB/TE will be important. I'd so much rather have a team built on RB/WRs in the first 6 or so rounds and grab a QB/TE later on.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  13. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

This year is going to be tough/fun with some question marks for what used to be sure fire 1st round picks:

Gurley - arthritis, injury hurt him at the end of last season
    Bell - new offense, new team, did not play all last year
    Brown - new team, new offense, worse QB, isn't he injured right now?
    Zeke - holdout
    Gordon - holdout/wants to be traded
    Odell - new team/offense, wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better QB

14. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

haha yeah have you seen Brown's foot??? Disgusting.

But yeah I agree, so many question marks surrounding all of those guys. I personally won't be taking any of them in the first round. If Odell makes it to me in the second round though, I'm gonna be singing from the mountain tops.

15. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Just googled his feet and FUCK that. Did he just walk on fucking lava?

This year just give me pick 4 (or pick 3 if Zeke is still holding out in 3 weeks). I'll take whoever is left of Kamara, Barkley, Zeke, and CMC and double up on WR in the 2/3.

16. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

haha he's legit shedding his foot skin like a snake.

And yeah that would be the perfect plan - exactly what I want too.

17. Drew Baldy

Trusted

It's been a crazy ass couple of months since Hurricane Michael (which completely wrecked both my teams in my leagues since we didn't have power for a few weeks), but I'm really looking forward to this new season coming back to bring a little sense of normalcy back into my life.

With that said, I'm already the commissioner in my real life league, but I'm looking to be in one more league. So, if there are any spots open for a chorus league I'm down to fill in a spot. Don't mind if it's just a bragging rights league or money league. I just genuinely love playing fantasy football and think that a 3rd league would be a nice balance for me (probably wound't do anymore than that).

18. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

This is my exact dilemma if Zeke doesn't sign before I draft (about 2 and a half weeks from now). I've got the 4th overall pick and I'm not as sure with which way to go if Zeke doesn't sign (and going under the obvious assumption that Barkley, CMC, and Kamara go with the top 3).

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Oh boy. I've found myself in 4 different fantasy leagues this year lol.

20. broken22

(:

So, what would guys consider the best spot to draft in the first round ?

21. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

If Zeke sits, I like 3. If he plays, I like 4. Guaranteed what's left of Barkley, CMC, or Kamara (or Zeke), and you then get the earliest pick of that bunch in the second round.

SEANoftheDEAD and broken22 like this.
  22. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yeah i want 4 if zeke plays and 3 if not. Give me a top back.

If I am not in the top 3/4, I honestly don’t know where I want to be.

23. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I am keeping Kamara as my 2nd round pick so I am hoping to pick in the top 3-4 in that league. That way

A) I can pair him with another stud RB
    B) my 2nd round pick is later, making it better value
    C) the next time I pick would be in the 3rd round at like 27-28 overall.

If I can come out of the first 3 rounds of that draft with something like CMac, Kamara, and someone like a Mike Evans/Adam Thielen, I will be set up quite nicely

24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I just took over a keeper league team and I've never done a keeper league before. Is Kareem Hunt worth keeping for this year? I can keep 6 players. Was thinking Russell Wilson, Mike Evans, Keenan Allen, Aaron Jones, James White, Damien Williams
    This is the team:
    Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 4.16.08 PM.png

25. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

no round penalties?

Yeah I would go:

R. Wilson
    K. Allen
    M. Evans
    A. Jones
    Damien Williams

for sure

last spot is up in the air. I wouldn't keep Hunt though. When do you need to know by? I would monitor the McKinnon situation but its either him or James White for the last spot.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.