Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fantasy Football 2019 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PeacefulOrca, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

it sucks the ravens might have some good receivers because they'll be blocking half the time or being missed while wide open.

2. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I finally decided this week or next is when I’ll start doing mock drafts and getting ready. Still trying to decide my keeper (shitty options this year):

Ertz: 3rd round
    Kerryon: 5th round
    James White: 11th round

3. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

is this PPR or not?

Ertz in the 3rd gives you no value so I wouldn't do that
    Kerryon's ADP is late 3rd in PPR leagues so thats not bad
    James White's ADP is 5th round in PPR leagues so thats pretty good

4. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Has anyone ever used or paid for one of the fantasy tools? Strongly considering getting one from FantasyPros this year....its only like $30

5. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

When you guys read fantasy articles, what is some of your favorite content? Do you like reading about a players stats last season, or changes in the offense that might affect how they play this year?
    Or is there something that you're interested in but don't see in any articles?

Im getting into some writing and find myself always writing about a players 2018 season when going into this year.

6. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

We have tried to install .25 PPR but my league is a bunch of dinosaurs and refuse to change anything. So no PPR.

Ertz is just so meh. It would allow me to guarantee one of the 2 actual good and available TE's (Kittle is being kept), however, I HATE spending a 3rd rounder on a TE.

Kerryon in the 5th is definitely solid as I've seen him going 3rd/4th and I think he was the 2nd best rookie running back last year before injury. It is just ... injury concerns and CJ Anderson.

White is also good value as you mentioned since he's going 6th round ... but non PPR and he would be a maybe flex option. It's just so ... meh.

I COULD HAVE HAD JAMES CONNER IN THE 15TH friendly reminder to myself.

7. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I wouldn't keep Ertz in the 3rd - that's where he's currently being drafted. He even mentioned in camp the other day that he won't be getting as many targets this year with all of the weapons they have, plus a bigger role for Goedert.

I'd probably go Kerryon. You mentioned injury concerns, but every back in the league has injury concerns and his aren't as big a worry as guys like Dalvin Cook. If you can keep him in the 5th and load up on maybe 1 or 2 elite WRs in the first few rounds, plus another RB and maybe TE, you'd be great.

Say you pick from the 3 hole and keep Kerryon, your team could be:

RB - Kamara
    RB - Jones
    WR - Allen
    WR - Woods
    Flex - Kerryon

Or maybe from the 12 hole:

RB - Freeman
    RB - Kerryon
    WR - Beckham
    WR - Thomas
    Flex - Mack

Just some ideas. White was great last year but that backfield still scares me with him, Michel, Harris, Burkhead.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  8. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

The offense, and potential roles and minutia. I can read stats on my own, can't tell you why a new offensive coordinator will help Kerryon Johnson more than last year.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  9. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Kerryon is definitely the highest potential option. If he has a big breakout (which I honestly thought was happening right before the injury ... he had like 18 points the game he left) I would be very lucky and pumped at that value as a keeper.

But definitely like the idea of RB1 in the first round, then WR 2nd and 3rd depending on who is available and my draft spot. I am really, really hoping for a top 3/4 pick. I want Kamara so badly. I've had him the past 2 seasons and without Ingram his potential is endless.

Funny enough with your 2nd grouping with a 12 pick ... I had 9th last year and ended up with Odell and Freeman (my league allowed 1st round keepers so the first round was all fucked up). That really fucked me up with Freeman going down. Then Kupp. Then Kerryon.

10. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Great advice. I read a ton of articles and find that its a lot of the same regurgitated information. Thats helpful. Thanks dude

EntryLevelDave likes this.
  11. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Ahh thats a string of bad luck. I usually don't like taking 2 WRs in the first 2 rounds but this year with all of the RBs going early in the first, you could end up with some combo of like Julio/JuJu/OBJ/Thomas. If you can do that and snag some RBs who break out or have depressed value...thinking like Jones/Fournette/Kerryon/Jacobs, that'd be a great team.

I would LOVE to get Kamara this year. I know he's part of the big 4 at RB this year but I could honestly see him being the number 1.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  12. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

If it's non PPR I'd keep Kerryon over White

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  13. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I would feel totally okay taking Kamara 1 overall. Barkley is obviously the other option, but that Giants offense is ONLY him. Golden Tate is not going to stress out defensive coordinators, and whether Eli or Jones are tossing it doesn't matter. They are going to feed him endlessly and he is going to obviously be a star, but I also remember Gurley's second year when he was the ONLY option and defenses figured out what to do very quickly and I'm terrified of that.

Also I need to get a move on my fantasy research and mock drafts. I'm going to start next week I think once July ends.

Owlex and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  14. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

That's my exact fear with Barkley. Many experts having him going at 1.1. Call me crazy, but I have him 4, behind Kamara, CMC, and Zeke (as long as he doesn't hold out).

Cowboys/Eagles/Skins should all be stout against the run this year and I just fear other defenses focusing in on stopping him. He'll still have a great year because of his volume and work in the receiving game, I just prefer the other 3.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  15. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I think there’s a completely fair argument for any of the top four going number one. Zeke with the holdout concerns (though this could be fixed), Barkley with a potentially Gurley situation. Kamara and CMAC were both monsters last year, I’d probably take either one of those top two. At least in PPR

SEANoftheDEAD and Donnie Ruth like this.
  16. EntryLevelTank

The #4 overall pick this year is such a sweet spot. Get CMAC or Kamara and probably Antonio Brown?

17. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Give me the 3rd or 4th pick and I'll be soooooooo happy with Kamara or CMC if they are there.

What is going down with Gurley? I have done very minimal research but it is arthritis in his knee right? Yikes. Y'all still going to draft him?

18. EntryLevelTank

Gurley would be a sweet RB2 in my mind. If i pull #4 and can do something like Cmac, WR, Gurley 1 2 3 i'll be drinking by round 4.

Donnie Ruth and Owlex like this.
  19. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Is Gurley falling to the 3rd in mocks?

20. xbrokendownx Jul 31, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 31, 2019)
    xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I'm keeping Kamara with my 2nd this year in one league so I hope I pick early in round 1 because it makes the 2nd round pick later and more valuable

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  21. EntryLevelTank

He has in some of mine. It depends on when the Ertz/Kittle run happens and when Mahomes goes.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  22. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I also forgot to mention the only redeeming quality of keeping Ertz is I can keep my Gaslight Anthem team name as: I Came to Get Ertz.

All my friends in the league are die-hard Gaslight fans as well so it was a big hit.

23. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I can't stop mock drafting.

Also, what are people's thoughts on drafting 2 TE or 2 QB? Not worth it?

24. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I never draft 2 TEs

QB it depends. If you take a guy like Mahomes, its not like you'll ever be starting anyone else so you don't need another QB. If you decide to go with a lesser QB then maybe its best to take 2 and play the hot hand/matchups

Even if your top-end QB gets injured, you can usually find decent streaming options on the waiver wire

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  25. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

In a year where there are only like 3 good options, I don't think TE will be a high priority for me. I'll just bank on a Njoku level player.

For QB, I try to get a top 6 QB every year and then I'll scoop up a backup in the later rounds but in reality there are always decent streamers. I'd rather save a roster spot for depth RB/WR.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.