Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fantasy Football 2019 • Page 23

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PeacefulOrca, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Dude in my league has Watson and Dak and said he's open to moving Watson to me if I send Newton back to him. I was excited initially but my god the rest of his team is so crap I don't think I'm gonna be able to make a deal. His roster:

Watson, Dak
    Zeke, Coleman, Singletary, Hunt, Ollison - the last two just why
    Allen, Thielen, Marvin Jones, John Brown
    Vance McDonald and Njoku (flex only since no TE)

2. socklord

Trusted

That team isn't that bad, aside from Hunt, Ollison, and the TEs

3. ClarettsGreyGoose

Yeah his starting lineup is fine mostly. He's just stuck now that Coleman is hurt. He's either starting John Brown or the TE at flex now. I am having a hard time finding the right balance of value.

Watson for Newton I suppose would be the basis of the package and then an RB has to go his way to make it seem like a "I can help you with your problem" trade. He mentioned Ekeler and Fitzgerald as guys he would trade for and while I'm cool with moving either in the right deal I don't know if it's here.

With my depth I could afford to take on Coleman and IR stash him for a few weeks if that's in play for him.

Watson and Coleman for Newton and Ekeler I still feel like is a net loss for me.

Fitzgerald or even my next best WR which is probably Golladay shouldn't be enough to get me Thielen so that's where I'm stuck

4. socklord

Trusted

I would just hold tight. Cam has an opportunity to smash at home against the Bucs on Thursday

5. ClarettsGreyGoose

I still wish I didn't draft him lol

6. socklord

Trusted

7. ClarettsGreyGoose

Went against my plan to hold off to the 11/12 turn and target Lamar or Rivers or someone similar. Didn't like it within 30 seconds of pulling the trigger

8. ClarettsGreyGoose

Ended up with this offer just to see what his response is.

Watson, Thielen and Singletary for Newton, Ekeler, Larry Fitzgerald and Dion Lewis.

I see it as an upgrade at QB. A possible short term downgrade at WR/Flex from Ekeler to Thielen but should pay off down the road if Gordon returns. Dion Lewis is nothing to me. I would have this roster if if happens:

Watson

Kamara, Fournette, Duke Johnson, Singletary and Gore

Edelman, Thielen, Golladay, Tate and Stills

With a roster spot open and some guys on deck to add/swap after waivers clear because I'm not going to burn a claim yet.

9. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Send it and see what happens but I feel like its lopsided. He already has the best two pieces in this trade in Thielen and Watson. I love Ekeler and if I knew he'd play all season, this would be a great trade. But with Gordon rumored to report sometime around weeks 6-8, it tilts the scale a little.

10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That drive by Brees and field goal from Lutz barely put him on top, damn it.

3rd most points scored this week and I am up against the 2nd most scored, smh

Fronnyfron likes this.
  11. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Week ones typically an anomaly. Dont sweat.

GrantCloud and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

For sure. Mixon gettinghurt and Kittle having 2 touchdowns and like 40 yards called back because of penalties is the main reason I lost. I could have been up 20-30 more points if those didn’t happen, haha

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I feel ya...those Kittle ones were frustrating. On the one where the tackle got called for holding or whatever it was...his penalty didnt affect anything which is the worst part. Whether he did or didnt get called, Kittle wouldve still scored. Thats the worst.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  14. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I have too much depth at RB, something I never dreamed of

15. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

This statement is the only thing keeping me sane today. I hate fantasy football

16. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I have abysmal WR depth so I definitely need to use my waiver claim for one of those hit or miss WR's this week. I have the 5th claim so I know I wouldn't be getting Malcom Brown or Hollywood Brown.

I'm looking at these options and not sure who I should make my higher priority add:

Terry McLaurin, John Ross, AJ Brown, DJ Chark?

I like McLaurin only because he was on the field for more snaps than the others. It is a terrible offense, but they will be losing games most of the season so I like my chances more with the WR out on the field in a passing game script.

17. ClarettsGreyGoose

I still can't figure out why he's willing to move Watson. I know his RB situation is BAD with Coleman out (Zeke and Singletary with Hunt and Ollison on the bench) but like...it still doesn't make sense

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I won by 54 in the league I actually care about (10 team friends league - bigger money) but lost in the league in which I started both Watkins and Henry. I was up by 28 last night and my opponent had Kamara and Sanders...Sanders garbage time TD with 2 min left to go in the 4th put him up by 3, which is what I lost by.

19. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Who do you guys think has a better year...Goff or Prescott?

20. socklord

Trusted

Prescott

GrantCloud likes this.
  21. ClarettsGreyGoose

This is tough. I really like what I've seen breaking down the Cowboys offense and what Kellen Moore is doing. Add in playing for a contract and Dak could really exceed expectations. But I'm not sure if that means he ends up producing more than Goff.

22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Dak.

Goff’s last 10-15 games or so have been statistically terrible.

23. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah unfortunately in one of my league's I have Goff as my QB. Thinking of dropping him for Dak (can't keep both/small bench). Also not sure how much FAAB to throw at him. Thinking like $12.

24. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Rough start for my season. Scored 120 points and still lost. Now I have to play the team who scored the most points last week and I’m staring down an 0-2 start, even though I feel I have one of the best teams.

Who would you start (.5 PPR)

Jarvis Landry @ NYJ

or

John Brown @ NYG

25. delvec19

Trusted

Prioritize for .5PPR: Malcolm, Thompson, AP

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.