Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fantasy Football 2019 • Page 22

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PeacefulOrca, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Sure am glad this TB/San Fran matchup is the shootout everyone predicted...!

2. socklord

Trusted

This just in: Shit happens

David87 likes this.
  3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn it's a shame all my star players on my one team shat the bed (A. Jones, Julio, Tyreek, Kittle, etc) because they're wasting what could be Eckeler's best fantasy output of the season. Even with his game I'm not even close to winning.

4. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Good news: I need 27.4 points from Kamara and Duke Johnson tonight to get a W

Bad news: At kicker, a position I tried to kill this off-season but couldn't get a majority vote to support, I lost 16.5 to 3 (Butker vs Myers) after I had to make a switch yesterday due to Badgley getting hurt. I HATE KICKERS.

Also, Cam Newton netted me precisely 5.4 points and I'm mad at myself for drafting him when I did instead of waiting two rounds and just taking Rivers and now I'm going to have to stream or make a trade

Fronnyfron likes this.
  5. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

imagine starting Adams/diggs at receiver and getting 13.2 combined

6. ClarettsGreyGoose

This is on the same team in my league:
    Nick Chubb and Aaron Jones: 14.4 points
    Tyreek Hill and Brandin Cooks: 8 points

Needless to say he's not a happy camper today

7. socklord

Trusted

Not surprised considering Diggs hasn’t performed well when injured in the past

8. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

the Vikings threw 10 passes yesterday, its not surprising Diggs didnt do anything

socklord likes this.
  9. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Thank god I thought all week about picking up Hollywood Brown … and then come game day I decided to "wait and see what James Washington can do as the potential WR2."

10. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

just be wary with him. I think he only played like 10 snaps in the game.

11. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

@Max_123 Did you start DJax????

GrantCloud likes this.
  12. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I'm not getting him anyways, I'm like 5 on waivers he'll go before it gets to me.

I think his 10 snaps is a reason of concern to not spend BIG money on him on waivers in those leagues with that option for bidding, however, he also didn't need to be out there more than 10 snaps in that game since they blew them away PLUS his injury concerns heading into the game. No need for him to be out there longer. I do like his upside of being a main WR option in that offense compared to Washington who is fighting to be the WR3 in his offense.

I also think this will be Brown's biggest game, but I would love to have him on my bench going forward.

13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

He looked phenomenal but yeah his 10 snaps aren't too exciting. My league has a $100 faab budget - I'm so looking forward to seeing someone drop like $50 on him lol.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  14. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Haha yep people are going to spend big. I think I would prefer using my claim (or budget in those leagues) on AJ Brown/Chark caliber WR for depth and maybe look more at Malcom Brown. It sucks because in my main money league I didn't scoop up Brown but in my family league I did before week 1.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

My teams really shit the bed this week

16. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Sammy Watkins owners are in such a good spot, obviously. You obviously didn't spend top draft capital on him, he exceeded all expectations by 300%, he is going to probably the #2 guy (behind Kelce) in that elite offense for like a month, and worst case: you can sell him very high to desperate Hill owners.

Jealous.

GrantCloud and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I wouldn't be surprised if Hill is out longer than just a few weeks.

18. ClarettsGreyGoose

I debated very hard about Watkins vs Robby Anderson with my 7th or 8th round pick, can't remember which it was. I did not take Watkins and I have regrets

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  19. ClarettsGreyGoose

I read an article on 4for4 today that said the last two players with the exact type of joint injury Hill has were Danny Amendola and Big Ben. They missed 6 and 5 weeks or respectively. Amendola had the dislocation like Hill, Big Ben had a sprain of the joint but on his throwing shoulder.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Can someone explain how an IR spot works in Fantasy? I have Tyreek in one of my Yahoo leagues so I can set him in the IR spot since he's marked as OUT. I can then add another player to my bench, right? What happens when he is no longer OUT, does it just force me to drop someone from my bench?

21. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah on ESPN basically you stash someone on IR (I currently put AJ Green in my IR), which opens up a bench spot. Then once your guy is eligible to play and you try to set your lineup for that week, it'll say you have an eligible lineup. So then you're forced to drop someone to move that player back onto your bench.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  22. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Yahoo is the same way. If you have someone in your IR spot that no longer is OUT, it wont let you make any moves (including moving players around in your lineup, waiver transactions, etc). It kind of sucks for guys who are week-to-week, since they move back to Q on Tuesdays usually and then back to OUT on sunday

23. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Oof

24. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Watkins went 12th Round in my 10 team draft. I took Penny 2 picks before him :worried:

25. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.