Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fantasy Football 2019 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PeacefulOrca, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm gonna draft Henderson, I still would even if I didn't have gurley tho

2. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Had a rookie draft in my RSO league ended up getting

1.5 Montgomery
    1.11 Deebo Samuel
    2.11 Ryquell Armstead (a reach I know but Fournette injury prone & been watching him at Temple)
    4.5 Gary Jennings Jr

Overall pretty happy with it but time will tell

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea, your first 2 picks are awesome. To get deebo at 11 is wild.

4. Drew Baldy

Trusted

I'm currently in 2 leagues and think I want to take on one more. Anyone interested in starting a league?

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  5. Drew Baldy

Trusted

I'm already the commissioner for one of my leagues so I don't think I could do it for another, but I think basically what I meant by the above post is that if anyone is planning on starting a league I'm down.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

GrantCloud, Owlex and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  7. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Saw that Tweet this morning.
    Also saw he's going around 4th or 5th pick in most 'expert' drafts.

Ill gladly take Kamara with one of those picks.

airik625 likes this.
  8. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Yeah I would not want the the first pick in a draft because I’d take Kamara over Zeke or Saquon or whatever the “right pick is”

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  9. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah man I feel like having pick 1-4 is a win win no matter what. I'd be happy taking CMC/Kamara/Zeke/Barkley. Number 1 overall I'm still not sure who'd I'd pick outta those 4.

10. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I'd take Zeke the last of them since you never know when he's gonna get suspended.

11. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

12. airik625

I rode Kelce and Hunt all the way to a Championship two years ago. Mahomes got me to the championship game almost by himself. I NEED a part of that offense again. I might even reach a bit higher to secure a Kelce and/or Williams this year.

I think I’m also going to try and get in on that Cleveland offense this season. There are a lot of mouths to feed, but I doubt I would even draft any of their RBs with Hunt coming back exactly midway through the season.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I totally feel you on wanting a piece of that Chiefs offense. Won two championships last year on the backs of Hill/Williams (when Hunt was released).

I don't really like Chubb at this draft price. He's a monster but Im seeing him go early in the second. With Hunt coming back, that just scares me. Then again, to have a bellcow for 10 weeks is intriguing.

14. airik625

It is intriguing, and while those 10 games are important, there’s an argument that the last 3-4 are the most important of the season. And if Chubb is splitting carries/receptions at that point - there could be trouble. While Chubb will have a few big weeks, I still feel safer sticking to OBJ/Baker and Njoku (it I fail to get Kelce or Kittle) at the moment. I can’t decide if Landry’s value is going to take a hit this season or if he will actually have better numbers with defenses focusing more on OBJ.

15. airik625

And is Chris Carson supposed to be good to go by the first week? He was huge for me last year, but heard he’s recovering from surgery and Penny has been showing out. Would love to have Carson again, but only if he resumes his role as primary ball carrier.

16. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah, I'd rather invest in Baker/OBJ too. Curious as to why you said Kelce/Kittle rather than Kelce/Ertz though. Figure you're pointing to the top 2 TE's, which I see as Kelce/Ertz.

17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Our league finally booted back up and it's a keeper and I forgot about the large amount of potential keeper RB's I have. With our league rules I can only keep 3 RB's max (I'd use the RB slot, the "any position" slot, and one rookie spot since of my guys is a rookie)

I think the obvious answer here is going to be Connor, Jones, and Ballage, but tell me what you think.

James Connor ($6)
    Aaron Jones ($6)
    Tarik Cohen ($8)
    Kalen Ballage ($6)
    Chris Carson ($8)

Ballage is pretty much a must keep since he's the only rookie I have on my roster and I'm cool with taking a $6 flier on him this year, solid chance he ends up costing more than that in our draft. Connor is a must keep at that price as well.

I just hate the idea of letting any of the other 3 go lol. It is full point PPR so Cohen has good value there. I don't know if I can quit Aaron Jones and his potential though.

18. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

can you trade? I would maybe try to trade Carson and Jones/Connor for a legit stud and then keep stud, Jones/Connor, Ballage

David87 likes this.
  19. bones

#HEEL

Have to keep one 2019 rookie in our .5PPR league (no penalties). My 3 options are Sutton, Penny, & Robert Foster. Other keeper is JuJu so I kind of like the idea of Penny but don’t know what to expect out of him. Sutton seems “safest”.

20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Who do we like better between Evan Engram and Hunter Henry? Battle of the alliteration.

21. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

With odell gone I’m sure engram looks will increase, he just needs to stay healthy.

22. preppyak

Elite Supporter

The correct answer is to get rid of the TE position entirely.

ncarrab likes this.
  23. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I have been saying this for years. There are like 3 reliable, good options.

ncarrab likes this.
  24. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Finally did it in the league Im commissioner for this year. Replaced it with a W/R/T flex spot instead...so like 4 teams will still use a TE and the rest of us dont have to debate whether Austin Hooper or Mark Andrews gets to be the one that week to disappoint and provide 3.8 points.

The Kicker position is probably next to go, since I hate the randomness of it...although at least kickers go late in the draft. Having to waste a 6th or higher round pick on the 5th best TE is the WORST

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  25. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

This is LITERALLY what I've said for like 4-5 years now. Give me another flex spot and that makes it sooooooooo much better. I just sent a new message to my group and started it with "here's my annual idea ..." Can't wait for nobody to respond.

I also have another fun idea I've been saying all winter. We have a keeper league (for like 6-7 years now) and we trade draft picks and stuff so towards the end of the year it gets tough when those without a chance of winning sell their good players for a draft pick. It sucks. We have struggled managing this. So here was my solution: we do a minor league. Get maybe 8 of our other friends who don't play and have them to do their own league for a smaller cash prize. The 2 bottom teams in our main league get bumped down to the minor league each year and the top 2 of the minor league move up.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.