Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fantasy Football 2019 • Page 125

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PeacefulOrca, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yeah if you got Boone I’d roll him over Lewis. For me, I might need to do Lewis.

My options are:
    Kerryon
    Golden Tate
    Curtis Samuel
    Dion Lewis

GrantCloud likes this.
  2. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Drop Mattison to add Lewis? My opponent is starting Laird in his second flex spot and I'll either roll Boone or DeAndre Washington there so purely a keep away strategy.

3. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yeah id do it just to block them. You aren’t going to start Mattison over either and Lewis could be a better play than Laird

GrantCloud and ClarettsGreyGoose like this.
  4. ClarettsGreyGoose

Now I just have to see how the 1:00 games go before I decide on Washington vs Boone. He had James White, NE D/ST and Will Fuller yesterday so things went pretty well overall, even with Watson putting up a dud.

Projection is 113-100 in my favor right now, if it stays roughly the same through the first bunch of games I may put Washington in as the safe play. I have Julio, Kamara and Lutz early, he has MT, Samuel and Laird.

I hate that Mahomes doesn't play until tonight, he and MT are the ones I have to worry about blowing up

5. Drew Baldy

Trusted

I am so glad I didn’t pivot from Higbee to Gesicki like I was going to. Decided to stick with my guns and got almost 20 points from him.

6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Alright guys, today is the day for final decisions.

Pick a QB:
    Ryan Tannehill v. NO
    Dak Prescott @ PHI
    Ryan Fitzpatrick v. CIN

And same team, PPR, pick a flex:
    David Montgomery v. KC
    DeAndre Washington @ LAC

Different league, PPR, pick an RB

Miles Sanders v. DAL
    Aaron Jones @ MIN

And, 3rd league, .5 PPR, pick a Flex:
    A.J. Brown v. NO
    David Montgomery v. KC
    DeAndre Washington @ LAC

Same team, pick a QB:
    Carson Wentz v. DAL
    Ryan Fitzpatrick v. CIN

7. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I hate when fantasy experts say “ehh if you made the championship you should have better options” on Twitter when people ask which person to start such as a Dion Lewis type player.

It’s like no. Not really. Injuries happen. My team caught fire and then injuries/bad matchups/etc happen.

David87, GrantCloud and preppyak like this.
  8. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Yep, my brothers team is without a doubt the best in our league...but he had Cook and Mattison, his opponent has Josh Jacobs, my brother has Deandre Washington, his opponent has Richard, and now both are staring down the barrel of uncertainty of what was two absolutely locked in guys. Like, my brother has Hunt and Kerryon too...so he had depth available...but are you starting a RB off IR or a 2nd string RB over a guy who was a solid play in Week 14?

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  9. ClarettsGreyGoose

Only one I couldn't decide is AJ Brown vs Washington it seems like a true toss up. I worry Brown will get the Lattimore treatment.

I don't trust Dak with the shoulder issue. Tannehill is scary because of the above concerns with Brown, especially with Henry out, so I went with Fitz and in the other league, Wentz vs Fitz seems like a toss up too.

David87 likes this.
  10. preppyak

Elite Supporter

No lie, flip a coin between Tannehill and Prescott. Dak did solid against them earlier in the year...but Tannehill has been on fire and likely throwing a lot. Dak's probably the safer play. I google coin flipped and got Tails (Dak)

The PPR tilts it to Washington. If it was no PPR it'd be a true coin flip, but DeAndre got multiple catches for 40+ yards in the games where he played more.

Sanders. MIN is a tougher matchup, and Sanders is a virtual lock for 4-5 easy PPR points.

Brown. The upside is just too much to pass up in my mind, and the consensus is that TEN will be throwing a lot.

Fitzpatrick for sure. Easier matchup, lower stakes, Wentz struggled against DAL earlier, PHI has DII players at WR...wouldnt want to rely on volume alone to save me with Wentz.

David87 likes this.
  11. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Hadnt seen that; thats a valid concern and DAL is probably gonna try and run a lot. I think I'd still go Tannehill over Fitzpatrick. The Saints D on the road isnt exactly dominant (Kyle Allen: 300+/3TD, Matt Ryan: 300+/2TD, Trubisky, 251/2TD), and teams in competitive games are throwing 40+ times in most games against them.

David87 likes this.
  12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Guess I’m plugging in Conner over Henry. What a blow.

Also have Mixon but I’m hearing he’s really sick?

13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

My opponent is gonna basically be done after the noon games (sans one player), while I’ll still have five to go after. this is gonna be a long 2 day’s.

14. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I feel like this has been a disaster of a championship week for everyone involved. So many last minute injuries haha

GrantCloud likes this.
  15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I literally just dropped Bernard this morning for Lewis too. Smh

16. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

So... do I mess with putting Lewis in over mixon now?

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I’m keeping Mixon in

18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel like I’m the only one in the world feeling good about Conner today. I know the Jets have been a tough run D but he looked fresh and running with a purpose last week when he got the ball

19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Went with Fitz in bth of those lineups...got a TD but there's Tannehill with a long one

20. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

I was excited for kickoff until I remembered most of my guys don't play until 3.

21. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Colts get a kick off return hell yeah

22. chcougar1

Trusted

So does Fitzpatrick actually have two tds or whAt? The espn app is showing two tds. But one of the dolphins scores is showing as a fumble recovery? I pulled fitz for Dak last minute and this basically sums up my playoff showing.

23. chcougar1

Trusted

App also shows barkley as having a 67 yard td but only 4.1 points?

24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I just came to ask this. CBS and ESPN both have it listed as a TD. Yahoo doesn't.

it was a class completed, fumble, and then recovered in the endzone. That still counts as a TD pass no?

25. chcougar1

Trusted

I wouldn’t think that should be a touchdown pass honestly but who knows.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.