Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fantasy Football 2019 • Page 106

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PeacefulOrca, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I have 3 possible defenses to roll with:
    Minnesota @ Chargers
    Buffalo @ Pitt
    Chicago @ GB (definitely not feeling this one)

Who would y'all roll with?

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Kickers are such a frustrating position in Fantasy. Like, there's never really any rhyme or reason as to how to judge which kicker to play (unless you had Sebastian Janikowski back in the day who was an absolute powerhouse). I've had Zane Gonzalez the last few weeks and he's been ass. But there's no one on the wire that makes me feel any better. Like, any of them could go off or any of them could have pitiful weeks. They could all also be the difference between moving on to the next week or not.

3. chcougar1

Trusted

I had the same feeling last week when I thought about starting Fitzpatrick over Wilson. I ended up starting Wilson and Fitzpatrick outscored him. Definitely not as much as I thought he was going to but he still did.

4. chcougar1

Trusted

I have Bills and Vikings too and going with the Bills.

5. chcougar1

Trusted

does it not mitigate though? Big tds to slayton get Eli points. If Eli sucks, slayton gets few points.

Same with Dak/Cooper. Like we either both do well or suck and cancel each other out a bit there

6. chcougar1

Trusted

So much this. I have Gonzalez and Prater who are not instilling confidence but I’m still rolling with them I guess.

yoo is available in one of my leagues and he has double digits every weeks he’s played but one but they play the Niners so.....?

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Slayton has had three great games this year and one OK game. The rest have been blah. To justify playing Eli Manning because your opponent has Slayton is really, really reaching. If Eli sucks and Slayton still gets few points, you're going to be in a lot more trouble than your opponent.

Dak could still have a great game without Cooper going off...or vice versa. Or they could both have great games. The goal is to get the most points...not to try and cancel out points.

You can't set your line-up because you are afraid of how it may impact your opponent. You set your lineup based on your best players and matchups and live with the results.

8. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Kickers position does kinda suck, but I usually base playing a kicker on how efficient the offense is, obviously if they score more the kickers will have more chances themselves. I’m starting McManus right now, that Denver offense is actually being productive and with a new QB they could be stalling out in opponents territory.

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think I'm gonna drop Zane and pick up Jason Myers.

10. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Its amazing seeing so many people in my league just selecting a kicker in the draft and then never changing it. Most positions the top 10, 15 or 20 guys are all rostered, but kickers people just stay with the 24th ranked kicker for no reason. I was looking the other day and theres some 50 point gaps between kickers.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

True...but then you have Miami's kicker who had 24 points last week because the offense can't get in the endzone. So you still see a lot of kickers have success because their team can't score TDs.

That's why it's just a maddening position. It's the one position in fantasy that is essentially impossible to gauge how someone will do prior to the game.

12. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I feel in the last 3-4 years I always by the end of the season end up with ATL kicker and it has served me pretty well. Last year Butker was solid, however KC always scored touchdowns. This year Gould was my guy until he got injured and then Koo has really, really helped me get where I am in the playoffs.

I fear his matchup with San Fran but I'm going to roll with him.

13. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Fighting for 3rd place baby it's still $100 prize let's get it

14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I really want to pick up Darius Slayton but not sure if it's worth it with such a shallow bench. No clue who I should drop. First round of the playoffs.

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 9.35.08 AM.png

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'd say at this point of the year there is really no reason to have two tight ends or two defenses. I'd also start SF over Philly in a heartbeat.

16. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I suppose that's true. I hadn't decided yet if I was gonna go with 49ers or Eagles D. Eagles D has let me down the past two weeks but the matchup against the Redskins sounds so nice.

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Matt Ryan is a turnover machine so I like SF's D, even if ATL scores a few touchdowns. Philly's D is not all that great, and had a very subpar performance against a 2-win NYG team. I started GB's D last week against Wash, and outside of a few sacks, wasn't rewarded much.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  18. Drew Baldy

Trusted

See, I'm on the opposite side of this. I love the fact that my league is competitive enough that people who are in the losers bracket are still making moves. When every player is competitive regardless of standings it makes the league so much more fun in my opinion.

I'm the commissioner and I'm going to propose the idea of each person paying a little more to give a weekly bonus to top point scorer that would go all the way through the playoffs to make it even that much more competitive.

19. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Meh. People out of the playoffs should not touch waivers.

xbrokendownx likes this.
  20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

We used to do this in one of my leagues and I loved it. Every single team always had something to play for every week of the year, regardless of how bad their team was or where they were at in the standings. We did $25 per week to the top scoring team, every week.

Drew Baldy likes this.
  21. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Oh no I hate it lol. Once you are out get outta my way! In my league we don't do any incentives for points and whether you come in 7th or 12th it doesn't mean a thing. Most of the time people in my league are just doing it to be dicks haha

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I'm in almost last place in two leagues and still making waiver moves just as if it were early on in the season. I paid for the leagues to play in, I'm going to play till the end and try to win my head to head matchups even if it doesn't technically mean anything.

23. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Weekly payout to the top point scorer is a nice idea, a co-worker of mine is in a league like that and has been for years and it keeps everyone's interest throughout the year. Wish I could convince our commissioner to do the same lol

24. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Agreed; all my leagues are FAAB and I will only put in $0 waiver claims after Im eliminated (lost Penny, Evans, and Jeffrey this week...so literally have to pick up people to even field a roster this week)

We make our consolation playoffs for the #1 pick, so it keeps most of the teams active in waivers til the final week, but Id definitely be pissed if I was competing for the title and missed out on Mostert or Brown this week to some team thats in the 11th/12th place game

So did their matchups v NYG and MIA...cant trust a defense that fucked up two golden opportunities over on that's delivered against middling teams all year. Would do that over giving another team a potential TE.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  25. Drew Baldy

Trusted

I disagree completely. I know it's annoying to those who are in the playoffs, but people who enjoy playing the game should absolutely still be able to make moves. Last year me and a few of my friends were making side bets in our losers brackets and it was a lot of fun. All 6 of us were actively making moves on the waivers. I listen to the fantasy footballers podcast and they talk about this all the time. When you are playing fantasy football it doesn't matter if you are in the playoffs or not you are playing to have fun and win regardless of where you are in the playoffs.

Again, I'm in the mindset of the more competitive the league the better.

RJ Knorr and ncarrab like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.