Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fantasy Football 2018 Football • Page 140

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Jun 9, 2018.

1. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Yeah, it could go to 4-team playoff, Week 14 normal game, Week 15-16 championship. And then the way my league is set-up, the consolation bracket is for the #1 pick in the draft...so, even if you finish 5th, you could get that.

Though Ive been in the championship game 2 of 3 years in this league, and its always had a pretty close game without one team getting totally screwed by dud games. And getting rid of TE's next year should make that even truer.

2. So would anyone play Big Ben over Brees (assuming Ben plays). Brees has not been great the last few weeks. But the moment you bench him, he goes and gets 30 points.

3. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Should I pick up Foles or Lamar Jackson as insurance for Wentz not playing?

4. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Both are good QB matchups...Ryan has been the garbage time king this year

Vikings D if Tannehill is out

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Ware is now officially doubtful...I did pick up Damien Williams but am having second thoughts.

I can play Marlon Mack over him...or just flex Edelman. I also picked up McGuire, but have no desire to play him.

6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

ARizona has actually been a tough fantasy matchup for QB's believe it or not, otherwise I wouldn't even consider Carr.

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I just don't think I can bring myself to start a guy in the playoffs who hasn't started a game all year long in Damien Williams. Think I'm going to flex Edelman and sit Mack and Williams.

Line-up as of today will be: Brady, JuJu, Cooks, Gurley, A. Jones, Samuels (over Gronk), Edelman, Zeurlein and Chicago D

Will probably wrestle with the Williams/Mack/Edelman decision for the next 28 hours.

8. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

I'm also wrestling with the decision to play Williams or not. I may have to go with him in my case though because I'm not super thrilled on my other options because they're all splitting time with other backs or just not reliable enough (J. Howard, D. Martin, G. Edwards, J. Wilson Jr.). I think in your situation, Edelman is the way to go. Especially if it's PPR (can't remember if you mentioned that or not).

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

No, it's non PPR. And Brady is my QB too, and he's been WILDLY inconsistent this year so my fear with starting Edelman is if Brady is poor, they're both going to have bad games. But Edelman has a decent match-up and hopefully the Pitt/NE game is a shootout. I've only started Edelman a few times just because I've started Mack most weeks in the flex but he has a pretty bad match-up this week (as does Aaron Jones, but I can't sit him).

Honestly, my outcome probably solely depends on whether or not Gurley gets 25-30 points. If he doesn't, I likely lose.

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Ugh, now Matthew Berry is saying that Williams is 'Legit RB2' this week.

11. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

Haha, I'm relying on Gurley too! Since it's not PPR that def makes the decision a little more tricky then. I don't think you'd be going wrong with either choice honestly. Both should have a decent floor with high potential based on game flow.

12. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Hmmm.. Williams, Edwards, Gordon, or Humphries in my flex spot?
    Decisions, decisions..

13. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Jackson. He's been a steady ~20ish points because of his running, and the Bucs are atrocious against QBs and RBs.

14. broken22

(:

Justin Jackson, Doug Martin or Dasean Hamilton at flex ? It's ppr.

15. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

If Gordon's out, then Jackson. If Gordon's in then Fartin Martin

GrantCloud likes this.
  16. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

I think I'm gonna go with Damian Williams. The amount of times they score is too tempting to pass up.

I have Mack/Michel/McGuire but none of them seem like a better option.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  17. broken22

(:

Also, Jarvis Landry probably should be my WR2 over Hamilton and Fitzgerald ?

18. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I'd go Landry - Browns have been clicking recently and finding ways to get him the ball.

broken22 likes this.
  19. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Couple of my question marks for this week:
    Flex: Damien Williams or Curtis Samuel (leaning Williams)

Other league:
    David Johnson is questionable. Can only roster 5 RBs. I also have Conner, Samuels, Ware, Jackson.
    Might have to drop Jackson tonight if Gordon plays to pick up god damn Doug Martin just in case DJ doesn't play on Sunday.

Fantasy's got my stress levels up fellas

20. broken22

(:

Well the plus side to Martin is Cincy is bad against the run

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  21. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Phillip Rivers or Jared Goff?

22. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Thats a tough one since Philly D sucks. But I'm rolling with Rivers tonight and feeling good.

23. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Right? Like, it's kinda first class problems, but at the same point, championships are on the line here. Stressin'

24. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

haha def is. I feel like both are gonna have big games. Your situation is a coin toss.

25. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

League 1: Rolling Rivers over Cam
    League 2: I have Rodgers and that's it. I think I'm rolling with Rodgers but am also super tempted by Derek Carr against the Bengals.