Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fantasy Football 2018 Football • Page 131

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Jun 9, 2018.

1. broken22

(:

Dion Lewis, Jarvis Landry, Larry Fitzgerald or Doug Martin at flex ? Playoffs, first round.

2. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Nothing is better than waking up and grabbing the peeps you wanted as a FA and not using the waiver claim.

3. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Also mentioned it yesterday but who you guys thinking would be best:

Kamara obviously, but then gotta choose 2:

Ware vs. Ravens
    Kerryon (if healthy) vs. Arizona
    White vs. Miami
    Josh Adams vs. Dallas

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, same. I literally had to explain to him that using (or more specifically NOT using) your claim is a strategy and that I never understand how people waste their claims on kickers and defenses, etc. I love when people are irresponsible with their claims because it moves me higher. It's just boggles my mind that after 10 years of being in the league he never realized how it worked.

5. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Honestly after 10 years of playing fantasy, how did he not know about that lol

6. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Thats a great point. Baltimore shut down ATL all together last week. Thanks man

7. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

haha yeah its awesome playing 4 RBs. I play in a 2 flex league so we can start 4 RBs any week. I play ESPN so Samuels isn't TE eligible which sucks because I'm stuck with Njoku.

8. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

meh I might just suck it up with Dion Lewis

though Fitz might be decent since Christian Kirk is done for the year now

9. broken22

(:

It'll probably be Lewis or Fitz.

10. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Missed on Samuels because the waiver structure in my work league is fucked. Each week it resets to give #1 priority to the bottom-ranked team and then goes in reverse order from there.

So as someone who has hovered around #3 all year long, I’ve basically never gotten a single waiver player I’ve wanted (I have managed to snag a few players after the waiver period ended).

But still, bullshit way to set up a waiver wire.

11. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah that's terrible. Definitely get that changed next year.

12. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

yep, my big $$ league is that way too. The waivers reset every single week, and I was #1 the whole season.

13. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Ughh dude who's not even in the playoffs got Samuels, i'm like 99.99999% positive he only did it to keep me from getting him because his wife is in it. He's also the commish

y2jayjk and GrantCloud like this.
  14. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Pick 1 for RB2 and 1 for Flex
    McCoy
    Ware
    Boyd
    Mack
    Barber
    Adams
    Humphries

15. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

teams that are eliminated from winning anything should not be allowed to make claims/pickups/trades etc

GrantCloud, Max_123 and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  16. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Im the commish in one of my leagues and that's one of our rules. If you're not in the playoffs, don't touch the waiver wire.

17. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Humphries at flex with DJAX out. RBs all have tough matchups..but McCoy might have the best one.

Max_123 likes this.
  18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I think that's a bad idea. I would want my league to stay competitive even if people are eliminated from playoffs. I wouldn't want someone to get into the playoffs or something because their last regular season game was against someone who stopped caring/setting their lineup or whatever.

19. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

In my league anyone can pick up anyone they want up until the playoffs. As soon as week 14 hits, if you're not in the playoffs, you can't pick up anyone. Once you're out there's nothing to play for.

20. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I'm talking about in the playoffs, not the regular season...sorry if I worded that wrong.

21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Ah ok, I misunderstood. Yeah, I would agree that makes sense once the playoffs have started.

22. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Gonna text him about it and get kicked out of the league lmao

GrantCloud and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  23. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Yeah really could have used Samuels :teethsmile:

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  24. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I have 2 acquisitions left for the year. Should I drop Pit D (vs OAK) to pick up Buf D (vs Jets) this week or roll with Pit?

I have Min D on my bench waiting for week 15 if I make it!

25. broken22

(:

Denver D should be a good play this week?

delvec19 likes this.