Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fantasy Football 2018 Football • Page 130

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Jun 9, 2018.

1. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

True. My worry though is Conner is out week 15 too.

2. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I don't think I have any shot at Samuels though, I'm last in waiver priority and the person who's 1st lost Hunt and is in the playoffs, and is trotting out Coleman and Blount as RB1/2 lol

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  3. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

the fact that they ruled Conner out for this week so quickly leads me to believe its quite possible it could be a multiple week thing

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Hasn't Baldwin been AWFUL this year? If you aren't going to use him. Drop him.

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yahoo's fantasy description for Conner says: There is some belief he is dealing with a high-ankle sprain, which would cause him to miss multiple games.

6. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I'm toast

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think people are missing the value in Samuels. Disregard your other RBs and compare him to your TE. This year has been brutal for TEs so if you don't have Kelce or Ertz, Sameuls is an automatic starter at TE because even if he has a shitty game for RB standards, he'll still likely have a respectable game for TE standards.

8. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I have Ertz lol and he's not TE eligible on ESPN

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Then, yeah, I probably wouldn't bother with him. I've had Gronk all year and I'm lucky if he gets 3 or 4 points (or even plays at all).

10. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Just gotta hope Rivers puts up some monster numbers to make up for the loss of Conner cause he's got the tastiest matchups this week and next

11. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

SQUEAKED by with a 10-3 record for second place regular season (tied record, lost on points). Not bad for 12 players.

I have no idea what to do with my playoff games though. Basically I'm screwed unless Melvin Gordon III gets back off the bench and the Eagles figure out how to use Golden Tate on a more consistent basis.

12. broken22

(:

I don't trust Dion Lewis, should I start Larry Fitzgerald, Jarvis Landry or Doug Martin instead of him at flex ?

13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

14. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Ugh I have this suspicion the guy I’m playing (#3 seed) is gonna get Samuels with the pick before me. FML

15. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Two weeks ago I felt crazy for trading away Kareem Hunt and James Conner. Today, I have Antonio Brown and Alvin Kamara from these trades so I'm feeling pretty, pretty, pretty good. Even though I did trade Juju for AJ Green (god rest his soul)

xbrokendownx likes this.
  16. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

D for this week

Broncos (@SF)
    Jaguars (@TEN)
    Jets (@BUF)
    Lions (@ARI)

currently own Denver

17. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

also

Fournette or Chubb this week in flex? 0.5 ppr

18. broken22

(:

Denver should feast.

19. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

tough but i would go chubb.

20. broken22

(:

Dion Lewis, Jarvis Landry, Larry Fitzgerald or Doug Martin at flex?

21. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Only because it’s the Titans. Avoid Jags players against the Titans. Even if theres a chance they’ll do well, trust me, that’s not the most likely outcome

22. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

First round of playoffs. Pick 2 to start:

Jaylen Samuels vs OAK
    Spencer Ware vs BAL
    Sony Michel vs MIA

23. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

definitely Samuels and Michel

I would not start Ware because Baltimore is #1 against RBs and he didn't even have the full workload last week

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

So, I was able to pick up Jaylen Smith, but not without controversy. My closest friends and I have been in a Yahoo league for 10 + years and the guy who is in 2nd place (and Conner owner) texted me asking how I was able to pick up Smith due to recent moves I had made (last week I picked up Ware and NJoku). I explained to him that the last three moves I made were after the waiver claim so it didn't affect my waiver position.

Shockingly, he was not aware of this rule. Again, we've been playing together in this league for 10+ years and he's acting super salty toward me. I'm best friends with the commissioner of the league and the way he's texting me seems to imply that we had some sort of wink wink deal that allowed me to pick up Smith even though these have been the rules all along. I couldn't believe that after 10 years in, he didn't understand how the waiver claims worked in our league. He thought this entire time that any time you made a move (even if not on waiver period) that you automatically moved back to the end of the list, which for our league, it's always been, you only move back if you pick up a player during the waiver period. Otherwise, you're free to make moves without affecting your claim number (that's how it's been in almost every single Yahoo league I've ever played in in 12 years).

Genuinely stunned that someone in our league for 10 years hasn't picked up on that, whether it's normal or not, it's how it's always been in our league.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Who's your TE? Can you plug Samuels in at TE?

I'm starting Gurley and Jones at RB 1 and 2 for sure. Samuels over Gronk at TE and I need to figure out if I'm going Mack or Ware in the flex.

Feels great to play 4 RBs, haha.