Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fantasy Football 2018 Football

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Jun 9, 2018.

1. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

leagues are open on Yahoo and training camp is about 6 weeks away. Lets get it started!

2. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

3. Mandala

Would You Still Be In Love?

hype hype hype

4. chcougar1

Trusted

Who should I draft?

Non PPR standard scoring dynasty league. Ten teams.

Start 1 QB, 1Rb, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, DST, K

20 player rosters this year (19 last year).

I have the sixth pick in the rookie draft.

Current roster:

QB: Cam, Dak
    RB: Bell, D Johnson, M Gordon, D Henry, Cohen, Jamaal Williams
    WR: Hopkins, M Thomas, Landry, Goodwin, Stills, M Bryant (likely to drop for someone else)
    TE: Ertz, Burton, Njoku
    DST: Texans
    K: Butker

I was initially leaning going WR for depth but maybe I should go for best RB available? I almost always start 3RBs because of my depth and it being a standard league.

Was initially thinking about Sutton (d Thomas and/or sanders likely gone after this year), DJ Moore (he’s usually ranked as highest rookie WR but I don’t trust a Carolina WR in fantasy), Ridley (mixed expectations at the pro level), or Kirk. But all of them except Moore would probably be a slight reach at pick 6.

Running back wise I might be able to grab Royce freeman or similar at 6.

Anybody have any thoughts on this scenario?

5. chcougar1

Trusted

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

6. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

its impossible to tell without knowing how the board goes

your team is stacked and judging 10 team leagues is much harder than 12 teams

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  7. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Im assuming since this is a rookie draft, you've had one of those every year?

Only asking because you have Bell, DJ, Hopkins, Thomas, Gordon....its an all star squad haha. Either that or the rest of the league has no idea whats going on.

8. chcougar1

Trusted

Haha. Well I think I’ve lucked out a bit. Drafted melvin Gordon number one overall (over Gurley :()and then got David Johnson in the third round of the same rookie draft. And yeah I think this is our sixth year and we just draft rookies annually.

Won the championship for the first time two years ago and lost in the finals last year against the Gurley/Hunt combo. I would say there are a few really terrible rosters, 3 mediocre rosters and 4 teams that are really good contenders with my roster being the best on paper. So much so that it might impact my ability to decide who to start week to week. I’ve only been 7-5 most years in the regular season.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  9. 12-team league with 8 keepers

My first 6 keeper spots are decided. I need help with the last two. Here are the 6 I’m for sure keeping:

Tom Brady, Leveon Bell, Christian MccCaffrey, Allen Hurns, Sterling Shepard, Evan Engram

As you can tell, I’m weak at WR. Below are the following options for the last two spots:

Corey Davis, Cameron Meredith, John Ross, Terrance Williams, Danny Amendola, James White

What do you guys think?

(Btw this is a team I just took over for this offseason and I’m trying to shape it the best I can haha)

10. chcougar1

Trusted

PPR or standard? Any round penalties for keepers?

Not knowing anything about the league settings I’d say Davis and Meredith.

11. 0.5 per reception. No penalties for keepers. We just pick 8 players to keep. I decided on Meredith as one of the two. The last spot is coming down to Davis or Ross.

12. chcougar1

Trusted

I’d say Davis has more potential/raw talent and is essentially the number one wr in Tennessee isn’t he? Ross would be my third choice

13. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I got gurley with the 6th pick the year of that draft, then someone dropped Gordon in like week 8 or something and I grabbed him too. Then I got Elliott two seasons ago because I had the 2nd pick and I got bell in the 2nd round our first year. The only regret I have is not taking fournette last draft, still went undefeated though and I rly hate that. Wish there were smarter owners in that league.

14. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I still remember getting gurley last year with like the 25th or so pick, really lucked out on that one.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  15. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Has anyone in here done work leagues as commissioners and how would you run it?

16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Getting our league started and I'm pumped.

17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t know why but watching this short and polite argument betweem TMR and a guy from yahoo made me laugh.

18. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Is there a Chorus league?

Also, are there any fantasy sites that offer something like this: I have a few friends lined up that want to do a league, but only three. Is there any way to start a league, invite them, and then if I can't find enough people to fill it out before the draft, just open it up to random people so it'll fill?

19. chcougar1

Trusted

Lol what. The. Heck. Your league is awful. Gordon and Gurley went 1 and 2 in our league. And dropped Gordon? What the heck? Your RBs are insane. What’s the rest of your lineup look like?

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  20. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Well my WRs are very lacking, OBJ is my no.1 wr and everything else is kinda eh

21. chcougar1

Trusted

Haha. I don’t think it matters with that RB roster.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  22. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

You can only really do so much

23. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

In my league these are who’s being kept thus far:

Elliot, Gurley, D. Johnson, Kamara, Hunt, D. Cook, and McCaffery.

I luckily have Kamara in the 13th, but fuck, the first round is going to be so weird.

24. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Anyone have a place to rec for mock drafts? I usually just use ESPN, but was wondering if people have better luck elsewhere with people sticking around in them.

25. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

try FantasyPros

I haven't used it yet but have heard good things

I love that site in general as they have consensus rankings from everywhere

Fronnyfron and Owlex like this.