Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (David Yates, November 16th, 2018) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Hmm. Hopefully bringing Kloves back to help Rowling with the writing will make a difference although I still wish they’d switch up directors.

2. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I have almost no hope for this film given how bad Grindewald was, but I’ll see it nonetheless. It pains me how bad things are with this series, but I’ll never root for a HP film to be bad.

Dodger likes this.
  3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'm a pretty minor fan of the whole HP universe, but I agree with most that they need to switch up directors. These movies are just grey, dull sludge on screen.

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

5. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Not that I really want to support these movies, which are still written by JKR, but that is good news.

Carrow likes this.
  6. That's a relief. I think. I honestly don't know what to believe re: Depp/Heard relationship. Even if there's at least some truth to each side they both sound like they shouldn't be given a platform anymore.

And also yeah thanks to JKR I can't be excited for any new HP anyway

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

threequel delayed to 2022 also

8. 100% my feelings. I loved HP for so long and now it just feels tainted. It’s the exact way I feel about Brand New (not to bring that up all over again).

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ya i mean I’m truthfully going to finish watching whatever movies they make for this just because I started and it’s still a world I care about. But it’s for sure going to be a watch when I can stream it or rent for cheap type situation, and not something I’m that excited for. Between them being pretty average to begin with, the weird stuff with Depp, and JKR being so heavily involved, it’s safe to say the magic is ruined.

I’m of the mindset that Harry Potter transcends JK Rowling at this point (especially since I already own all the books and movies), but paying for a ticket to see this in theaters feels like direct support of her.

10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

After the first movie, I just had no interest in this spin off series. Depp’s inclusion ensured I didn’t bother with the second one.

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

wooooooooww

spiffa0 and coleslawed like this.
  13. ...and magically (oof sorry for that) my interest in this has picked up.

spiffa0 and coleslawed like this.
  14. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Even when Depp was still on this, I would talk to my brother about how they should have cast Mads. Don't think I could be more excited for this now. (Still not all that excited based on JK and the quality of the other two, but still.)

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The level of upgrade is simply incapable of description

sawhney[rusted]2 and Ken like this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

movie will still be bad

18. But mads will be good so I'll watch it

coleslawed likes this.
  19. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

can we just have Mads pull a Christopher Plummer in All the Money in the World and replace Depp in the other two, as well?

xDumpweed182x and SpyKi like this.
  20. Anthony_

these movies are still garbage that lines the pockets of terf trash but at least Depp has less work

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

damn man

22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

24. Anthony_

It's a nope from me

25. Please let this franchise die. JK Rowling deserves no more money and there’s very little creativity left with this property.

And that’s coming from someone who absolutely loved the HP series, books and films and did mostly enjoy the first Beasts.

Anthony_ likes this.