Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (David Yates, November 16th, 2018) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Mar 13, 2018.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  2. Anthony_ Mar 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 13, 2018)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

More concerned with the crimes of Johnny Depp tbh. Only saw the first one because I didn't think he'd be in it. Won't be seeing this one or any of the others.

3. michael_gatto

Trusted

I want to be excited for this, but the first was just so lackluster. That and I can't stand Johnny Depp.

4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I hope he manages to kill Voldemort this time

5. Dog with a Blog

The first one was so disappointing. Not sure how they plan on stretching this out into like 5 films

6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I really enjoyed the first and have high hopes for this one. Trailer is certainly exciting.

Aaron Mook, Connor and coleslawed like this.
  7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The first film was ok but it wasn't inspiring at all and didn't give me many reasons to see a sequel. Stretching it out to so many films is going to be interesting and concerns me even more. I probably will see this one but I have very little desire to do so - very strange for a Harry Potter spin off franchise! I adore the HP books.

I still wish the first one was actually about Newt Scamander trying to find and research magical creatures. I think that kind of adventure film would have been much more appealing to me than what we have. They still could have introduced some of the concepts and ideas using that backdrop.

The most intriguing part of the first film for me was seeing a movie in the 'Harry Potter' universe where you had no idea what was going to happen.

coleslawed likes this.
  8. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I actually really enjoyed the first one a lot. Not excited about Depp, but will probably just have to accept that.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

BD333416-570D-46A8-B3BF-8A6F5D3A62DB.jpeg

Connor and Mister Lyrical like this.
  10. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Yeah I’m gonna go ahead and say I’m stoked. I liked the first one better than all 8 HP films and i say that as a massive HP nerd. This looks fantastic and fun

11. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

was kinda hoping they'd pump the brakes on jacob in this one, and the first trailer seemed to hint at that. definitely doesn't seem that's the case now.

12. Connor

I am sure he will have a little less to do this time around... but i like him quite a bit. I think he brought a good amount of charm to the role.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  13. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

I think this looks like it’ll be better than the first.

Also, we get the answer to Harry’s question to Dumbledore regarding what he really sees when he looks in the Mirror of Erised.

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Wasn’t it revealed to be his sister in the last book?

coleslawed and Connor like this.
  15. Connor

Yep

16. oncenowagain

Welp, forgot about that. Well, now we know what young Dumbledore sees.

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

18. primavera

fucking unsubscribe me from that reveal

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

20. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

my dudes were on point.

KalValor likes this.
  21. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

Harry only guesses that he would have seen Ariana in the mirror in Deathly Hallows. We also know that what you see in the mirror can change over time (Harry sees his family first, then sees himself saving the stone by books end)

oncenowagain likes this.
  22. oncenowagain

Thank you, I feel vindicated! :)

Mick likes this.
  23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Saw this earlier today, it's precisely what you expect. It's overloaded, it's discombobulated, and yes, there's blatant setup for later films. Over than a couple decent setpieces, and Jude Law and Dan Fogler being good in this... I'm gonna say hell no

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  24. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It’s a shame because it felt like the first one existed to set up future films too. I’m not fussed about seeing this but my wife might want to so we shall see!

25. primavera

read a particular spoiler for this that sounds laughably bad