Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I personally really enjoyed this movie.

2. timcsheehan

Regular

Jude Law as young Dumbledore gives me great hope because I am really against Johnny Depp as Grindelwald.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yeah, it's definitely a better choice than Depp.

4. I remember the look of my face once Johnny Depp showed up at the end of the movie. All of my female friends and some male ones were screaming joyfully, and I was the only one angry lol. It's weird how attractiveness makes everyone look past someone's awful personnality.

lightning13 likes this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

6. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Sounds good so far, though I still can't get past the fact I wish Grindelwald was pretty much anyone but Depp.

7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yes, his inclusion is really putting me off this film series unfortunately.

8. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

HELL YES

Joe and Greg like this.
  9. tucah

not champ Prestigious

The sequel has been titled:

10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Hope it’s good. I’m still not keen on them stretching this story out over how many films it will end up being but it is what it is.

11. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I mean, I don't really see it any different from the Harry Potter movies. JK Rowling loved the idea and is writing every screenplay, so it's not just some random studio idea. We don't even know what the storyline will ultimately be for characters across five films, but I think it was a solid starting point.

12. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

In terms of story, the first film from this spin off franchise is considerably inferior to any of the actual Harry Potter books. The whole of this film felt like it was setting up for something else. I think they could have done a lot better.

I love the books and I enjoy the later films but even the earlier films had a good story because the book story was solid. This story was lacking. I’m sorry if people don’t agree - I do respect that but this is how I felt. If they’d done a film or two about Dumbledore vs Grindelwald straight off the bat it might have been more enjoyable. If they’d used the actual charity book and created a backstory that would have been more enjoyable to me too (how cool would it have been to see them actually finding and documenting the fantastic beasts across the world?!) Instead we got something in the middle that looks like it will be stretched out. It’s great Rowling is involved but she’s not immune to getting things wrong in her work, even if the 7 books and universally appreciated.

The icing on the cake: I also find Depp irritating so that takes the gloss off future films.

I’ll definitely watch part 2 but it needs to step up its game considerably and make me <I>need</I> to see the next one.

Hope that all makes sense. As I said, this is my feelings but understand there are a range of perspectives!

13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

That title is awful and also is going to create an association with a certain gross actor that I’m positive WB really would rather not be made.

14. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

The Beasts were honestly the least interesting part of the movie. Sticking with that title as the franchise name while clearly moving on to focus on Dumbledore vs Grindelwald is kind of weird.

15. lordjedediah

N00b3

A 5 book series from Rowling would be infinitely preferable to 5 films. At the very least I hope we get some cool rides at the Wizarding World.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I agree.

And I agree with this too!

17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

18. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Ooh. I do like the first one, but this does look like an improvement!