Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Falling Up Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Feb 23, 2018.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Supporter

This band started in the early '00s as a pretty standard contemporary Christian rock band. Then over the years, they gradually became SO much more, becoming a genuinely thrilling progressive/experimental rock band with hauntingly gorgeous melodies and arrangements. To me this is best exemplified by their self-titled final album, released in 2015, which I truly believe is a criminally underrated masterpiece.

FFO: Anberlin, The Dear Hunter, brilliant melodic rock music

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  2. beachdude

I'm not brave Supporter

@CoffeeEyes17 I think you'd really love the song I linked above, it's off their self-titled album.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  3. SmashRipsaw

+12,856 Scene Points

Man, I loved this band. I feel like they never got the attention they deserved because their first 2 albums were slightly "bro-rock." Their later stuff was so good.

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. beachdude

I'm not brave Supporter

Yeah I totally agree, I think both their early sound, and them being very explicitly Christian rock early on, ended up limiting the audience for their phenomenal later work. But man... what an evolution.