Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy's Bracket Mania Bracket

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Micool1, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Hello and welcome to a new edition of the Chorus band brackets. This time, we will be playing with a band who just released a (great) new album. Over time, they have evolved their sound to a point where their fanbase got really divided. Some hate their new stuff, others have stuck with them through everything. Everyone welcome to:

FALL OUT BOY'S BRACKET MANIA

For those who are new to the concept, these are randomly generated brackets (no seeding!) where we go from album to album and put the songs from an album against each other. We vote on each matchups until we have a winner for each albums. Those songs will then face off in a Champions bracket to decide the best overall Fall Out Boy song! Same rules as the other brackets:

Rules:

1. Voting will take place over 10-24 hour period, depending on how close the matches are (if there's a wide margin too far to beat, the round may be run ruled to not waste time).

2. You must vote on every match in a round. If you don't, your votes don't count. Just reply to this thread with your choices. I will not vote unless there is a tie needed to be broken.

3. Feel free to discuss why you chose one song over the other and why you like that song. It's what keeps these fun!

4. I avoid byes into rounds if I can, but sometimes it's necessary. These are randomly generated; I do not pick them.

5. Once your votes are counted, there are no vote changes. Choose wisely before posting!

6. The King John Rule: Only participate if you've heard these songs. You are welcome to look them up and listen before hand, but if there's evidence you haven't heard them before or you're just voting to help/hurt a song your votes will not count.

And the most important rule of them all : Have fun and stay respectful of each other.

bachna84 and Kuri44 like this.
  2. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Bracket will start tomorrow. Do you want to start with Evening Out, or do we skip directly to Take This to Your Grave?

3. Kuri44

I’d prefer to skip Evening, but it’s your call!

js977 likes this.
  4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

TTTYG

5. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I think I'll skip it because I've honestly never listened to it and most people consider TTTYG as their debut album.

bachna84 and Davjs like this.
  6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah, and the band themselves really dislike discussing the album, so I think you'll get more engagement with TTTYG first

7. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

So what song do you all think will win? I'd be tempted to say it will be a Folie à Deux track, but I'll make a wild guess and say Thriller.

8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Headfirst Slide? Maybe Take Over the Break's Over?

9. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I’m here for it!

10. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Sounds fun, I’m in! Are you including PaxAm Days?

11. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Yes right after SRAR, and there will be a bonus round with album bonus tracks and other relevant tracks.

bachna84 and KidLightning like this.
  12. Excited to get angry in this thread when a Cork Tree track inevitably wins

bachna84 likes this.
  13. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Do I have to vote for every album or can I come back for FUCT? I don't listen to TTTYG very much so I don't want to skew any results for those who are more familiar with it!

If I can come back later, someone tag me when we do FUCT! Otherwise, I'll give TTTYG another listen (which I'll be doing again during the Champions Bracket for integrity)

bachna84 likes this.
  14. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Typically you can come and go as you please!

Iago likes this.
  15. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

You can vote on any round you want. The only rule is that you have to vote on every matchups in a given round. For example, if there are 6 matchups in Round 1 of the TTTYG bracket, you have to vote on all 6 or your votes won't count for that round.

bachna84 likes this.
  16. Davjs

Trusted

I'll be here for the first few albums which I love, but I fell off this band pretty hard after that.

bachna84 likes this.
  17. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I almost said Headfirst Slide. I was thinking about Disloyal Order also, but I'm not sure if it's that popular here.

JRGComedy likes this.
  18. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I think a Folie track will most likely win, and rightfully so.

Iago, Micool1 and bachna84 like this.
  19. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Ok, time to get this going! Let's start with Take This To Your Grave!

FALL OUT BOY FACE OFF:

TAKE THIS TO YOUR GRAVE

-----

Round 1

1) Tell That Mick He Just Made My List of Things to Do Today Vs. Calm Before the Storm

2) Reinventing the Wheel to Run Myself Over Vs. Homesick at Space Camp

3) Sending Postcards From a Plane Crash (Wish You Were Here) Vs. Chicago Is So Two Years Ago

4) Grenade Jumper Vs. Saturday

Round 2

Winner of 1 Vs. The Pros and Cons of Breathing

Winner of 2 Vs. Dead on Arrival

Winner of 3 Vs. The Patron Saint of Liars and Fakes

Winner of 4 Vs. Grand Theft Autumn/Where is Your Boy

Round 1 starts now!

bachna84 likes this.
  20. Anthony_ Jan 29, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 14, 2018)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Tell that Mick
    Homesick
    Chicago
    Saturday

Album Ranking
    Patron Saint
    Chicago Is So Two Years Ago
    The Pros and Cons of Breathing
    Saturday
    Tell That Mick
    Homesick at Space Camp
    Calm Before the Storm
    Grand Theft Autumn
    Postcards
    Dead On Arrival
    Reinventing the Wheel
    Grenade Jumper

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Tell That Mick
    Homesick at Space Camp
    Chicago Is So Two Years Ago (anything with Justin Pierre is going to get my vote)
    Saturday

22. Davjs

Trusted

- Calm Before the Storm (Super tough because Tell This Mick is such a great song. Clam has always been a favorite though)

-Homesick at Space Camp

-Chicago Is So Two Years Ago

-Grenade Jumper ( I never understood the love for Saturday or how it became their staple closer over all the other great songs on this album)

Round 2 has the heavy hitters on there, should be fun.

Kuri44 likes this.
  23. btr

Trusted Supporter

Tell That Mick
    Reinventing the Wheel
    Saturday

24. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Tell That Mick He Just Made My List of Things to Do Today
    Reinventing the Wheel to Run Myself Over