Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy Band • Page 80

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This is exactly how I feel about Mania. That one by far gives me old FOB vibes more than the other reunion albums

AB/AP is very bad though imo

irthesteve and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  2. @@ron

Regular

I always felt like combining the best of AB/AP and SRAR would make one really great album.

3. Maddy

Regular

If TTTYG and FUCT aren’t at the top of your list you likely got into this band after IOH

Pepetito likes this.
  4. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I got into them when they released FUCT.

Folie
    Mania / IOH
    FUCT
    SRAR
    AB/AP
    TTTYG

heymattrick and beachdude like this.
  5. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I feel like all three post-reunion albums are kinda similar and don't understand not liking one but liking the others. Haven't listened to them in a while though.

6. I need to listen to AB/AP again at some point. At the time, I felt like it was way too similar to SRAR, whereas Fall Out Boy albums up to that point always felt so distinct from each other, and what set it apart was just grating. I did like the remix album a lot though.

7. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Folie still remains my favorite.

8. Pre-reunion albums
    Post-reunion albums

that was easy

(and Folie is their best)

9. I go back and forth on Folie and Infinity

Penguin and nohandstoholdonto like this.
  10. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Idk what it is about Infinity for me, but it has not aged well at all in my eyes. The whole aesthetic feels peak Myspace haha

cosmickid, irthesteve, sonder and 2 others like this.
  11. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I agree that Mania reminds me so much of old FOB. It is the Wentz quip machine in full force.

12. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

FUCT
    TTTYG
    IOH
    AB/AP
    Folie
    MANIA
    SR&R

But I mean holy shit do I love this band and every single album above though I wish a minor return to original sound, a little less stadium rock, a little more catchy emo would go down on the next album.

13. There was a quote from me on the sticker of TTTYG and they’re not at the top of my list. :shrug:

14. carmatil

I find this discussion about what sounds like old FOB really weird.

Fall Out Boy have always been a band with semi-witty lyrics, influenced by soul, hip-hop, hardcore punk and top 40 pop — all that changes between the albums is the emphasis on each element.

15. Maddy

Regular

well then I think you need to give yourself the “pop-punk history lesson” haha...to each their own...I think my relationship with FOB ended after FUCT....when I saw them live in 05 it was a super fun college aged crowd and then I saw them again in for the IOH tour and it was all tweens and I think it just ruined the vibe (for lack of a better word) for me

16. Oh no. Tweens?! I’m so sorry. Are you ok?! :-p

17. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

*sees tweens living their life*

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

So you let random... Tweens... Who aren't in the band and don't make any music... Change your opinion on... The band and their music? Sounds like a you issue.

19. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

[​IMG]

20. irthesteve

I couldn't even count how many shitty crowds I've been in for great bands, extremely common issue because guess what.... A lot of people suck.

21. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t think i’ve ever been to a show that didn’t have at least one person who annoyed the shit out of me at it haha. Looking at you 6 ft 5 guy who stands in the middle of the crowd.

22. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I’ll take tweens over obnoxious drunks bros and meatheads

Penguin, smowashere, SpyKi and 5 others like this.
  23. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

My least favorite people at a show:

- Really tall guy who stands dead center of crowd.
    - Really short girl who throws elbows to tunnel her way to the front
    - Extremely obnoxious drunk guy
    - Extremely aggressive guy who’s entire point being in the mosh pit is trying to injure someone.
    - Man who should not be crowd surfing wearing Timberland boots kicking me in the head

smowashere, SpyKi, sonder and 5 others like this.
  24. irthesteve

I can picture every one of these people

smowashere, SpyKi, sonder and 5 others like this.