Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy Band • Page 79

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I wonder if they were like Weezer and had an album ready for the tour last year but just played their cards closer to their chest

irthesteve likes this.
  2. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

They said they didn't have anything ready and just released dear future self when weezer and green day both announced albums, but obvs that was over a year ago so hopefully theyve been busy.

JRGComedy likes this.
  3. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

I enjoyed Mania but ya'll putting it above TTTYG, IOH or FUCT just uh hell naw.

A whole era of not one skippable song.

Pepetito and Brent like this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

TTTYG
    FUCT
    SRAR
    MANIA
    FAD
    IOH
    ABAP

5. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

there's plenty of skippable songs.

SpyKi and scottlechowicz like this.
  6. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

TTYG is bottom of their discography for me and FUTCT has some filler, albeit with some major highs.

7. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

Yea I've said this before but I can acknowledge that TTTYG is nostalgia hit, it's just you got to understand when it came onto the scene there was just nothing as consistent, exciting or remarkable out there that blended that sound and for many it spurred into a greater love of the genre that had yet to take off. And depends on preference of sound obviously. We like to talk like there's an objective truth in rankings lol, but it's all love. FOB has been a sensational band every album.

8. Welp, now I feel like an old man wanting to give a pop-punk history lesson. :crylaugh:

bradsonemanband, Maddy, jkauf and 4 others like this.
  9. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Now thinking about it tho, I completely forgot that AB/AP exists - so that is the actual bottom.

Fuck it.

Infinity
    Mania
    Folie

SRAR
    FUTCT

TTTYG
    AB/AP

10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

do it

bobby_runs likes this.
  11. angel paste

the proper order is as follows:

FUTCT
    Folie
    Infinity
    Mania (I could swap it with infinity some days)
    SRAR
    TTTYG
    AB/AP

12. I will fight for AB/AP all day long. I adore so many of those songs. The middle is incredible and so damn catchy.

13. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

SRAR is an easy bottom for me. I liked a good chunk of AB/AP but it’s not what I reach for if I want to listen to FOB

14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Bottom for me is take this to your grave

ComedownMachine likes this.
  15. angel paste

don't get me wrong, I love AB/AP, Novacaine is top tier

MysteryKnight and Jason Tate like this.
  16. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

ABAP came out during one of the most chaotic times of my life. The car rides with it were some of the only times I could tune out what was going on in my life, so I have a soft spot for it.
    But I do also just genuinely love so many songs on it, haha. Kids aren’t alright, favorite record... so good.

sawhney[rusted]2 and heymattrick like this.
  17. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

If I’m remembering correctly, the band mentioned Novocaine originating during the Folie sessions. I could totally hear it on that album.

sawhney[rusted]2 and angel paste like this.
  18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I think it originated in SR&R, it sounds exactly like The Phoenix (i like both songs)

19. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

JRGComedy likes this.
  20. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

AB/AP is as close to “old FOB” we’ll get. So much of the actual song writing reminds of TTTYG and the pop punk side of FUCT.

Anyways

Folie
    TTTYG
    AP/AP

FUCT
    Mania
    SRAR

IOH

EWYG

21. heymattrick

Sending my love

I truly don't think I could rank them. TTTYG would be at the bottom for me, unfortunately, but I think it would be too hard to rank the rest. They all have such strong points, and most of them have 1-2 "eh" tracks. Maybe in tiers...

Folie / Infinity

Mania / SRAR / AB/AP / Cork Tree

TTTYG

22. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

It's so hard for me to rank them, I love every one of them and they are all good in their own way. But since we are doing it...

IOH
    FUCT
    AB/AP
    MANIA
    Folie
    SR&R
    TTTYG

I will say AB/AP and MANIA have some of the most fun songs FOB has ever made on them. Listening to Novocaine just never gets old.

23. angel paste

oh interesting, really wonder what it would of sounded like in the Folie era. The vocal run in the chorus that pat does in the chorus is absolutely bonkers.

24. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

TTYG. FUCT. IOH. FOLIE. Everything else.