Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy Band • Page 71

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

SR&R is a good call I think that one definitely makes it on. But Lake Effect Kid I thought about and I felt torn on it because it kind of makes sense but I also feel like that song is kind of meant to be a more hidden b-side. But I could see it tossed on. Especially if there is a deluxe.

I could see SR&R closing the album and Y&M not making the cut (not that I meant for my list to be in order but still)

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  2. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

beachdude likes this.
  3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Really not into the new song. Musically it’s just kind of blah, but the lyrics are so bad. I feel like my love for FOB has waned SO much in the last year or two and it’s kind of bumming me out.

Mick and Polaris like this.
  4. Tracklist is out, it's weak sauce.

No Hold Me Tight, AB/AP or Wilson? Guys, you had one job. Second new song on there at least.

SteveLikesMusic and Anthony_ like this.
  5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah those are some head-scratcher omissions for sure. Very strange.

Carrow likes this.
  6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The first one had SUCH a good list, I can’t believe how much of a letdown this is.

Anthony_ likes this.
  7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

How the hell do they leave Wilson off that thing. It's arguably the best song on all three albums.

8. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

[​IMG]

sawhney[rusted]2 and Carrow like this.
  9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

really extremely strange track list

10. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I mean, it isn't really that strange. The weirdest pick on there is I've Been Waiting which probably should have been swapped out for Wilson or Hold Me Tight, but otherwise it's a pretty comprehensive list of the post-hiatus singles.

11. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it's a singles compilation. Not sure what else people would expect.

That being said, Hold Me Tight or Don't should objectively be on there as it was an official single and got some radio play.

ECV likes this.
  12. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Really surprised Hold Me Tight didn't make it on there. Not that surprised about Wilson. Also I don't think I've ever heard that I've Been Waiting song. Overall the tracklist is pretty much what I expected.

13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I actually really like I've Been Waiting even though it's 100% not a Lil Peep song

Turkeylegz likes this.
  14. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I've seen a ton of people being mad that there are no older songs on it. I mean, it's called Volume 2 for a reason! :eyeroll:

beachdude, bobby_runs and Carrow like this.
  15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Why not just make it a 17 track album

16. btr

Trusted Supporter

When they announce their next album, they will then have the same amount of albums post-haitus as they do pre-hiatus. Crazy

beachdude and Drew Baldy like this.
  17. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

What will the next album sound like...the FOB albums act as trilogies to me in terms of sonic progression

18. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Why do people care? It’s clearly not for long time or even current fans. It’s for newer listeners.

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The first one had a ton of rarities or updated versions of old songs as well as hits. I loved it as a hardcore fan.

Lenin likes this.
  20. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I honestly don’t remember it. This one is clearly not shooting for the same audience then.

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Right, which is why it’s a disappointment. Using the same art and the same name but having it be a super basic 13 tracks is a bummer. The first one had one of my all-time favorite b-sides that I wish they would play just once.

Anthony_ and Lenin like this.
  22. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, Volume 1 was singles + 4-5 b-sides over the course of 4 albums. I don't think this is much different except there's less songs since it's just from 3 albums. Although there's that Lil Peep song that they put there for some reason but whatever.

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Was it Snitches and Talkers? That's one of my favorite FOB songs, b-side or not

beachdude and bradsonemanband like this.
  24. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

It's crazy how much I prefer their post reunion material to almost everything that came before. They've had a wild second act.

25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm the opposite lol, I don't think there's a single post-reunion album I'd put above any of the first four, as much as I liked Save Rock & Roll and thought Mania was great