Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

True. Regardless, that's the only semblance of it.

2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Fickle Friends

[​IMG]

"That day earlier this week when we wrote a song with Patrick Stump and then he took us through the American accents and then he sang a bit and we were like WOAH FALL OUT BOY and the teenager inside me went all #ermahgahd"

This is quickly shaping up to be my most anticipated album of 2016

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Pete's screaming in The Carpal Tunnel of Love always catches me off guard, and not in a good way haha.

4. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Wait what/whose album is this going to be? I must've missed something somewhere...

5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

British band Fickle Friends, their debut album

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  6. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Well I didn't have the slightest idea this was going on...thank you! Will def give this a listen

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Their video for Swim

8. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

subbing

9. wow i didn't realize Fickle Friends were recording right now, let alone writing (at least one song?) with Patrick. Damn, that's awesome. I can't wait for this album now! Fickle Friends is GOLD.

10. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

thought this was the Fall Out Boy thread not Fickle Friends.

11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

It still is; someone asked who he was writing a song with, so I expanded on who this band was

12. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Folie > AB/AP > Cork Tree > SRAR > Infinity > Grave

13. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Imo - fuct > folie > infinity > tttyg

I went on a huge FUCT kick last month. Everything on it is so catchy and the lyrics are so wonderfully petty and yet filled with self loathing. Not sure what it says about me that FUCT resonates so well with me but it does, haha. Regardless of the fact that I've loved this band for almost ten years now and I keep going back to FUCT and Folie especially (20 dollar nose bleed and headfirst slide are so underrated), but I still haven't given ABAP or SRAR a full listen. I've obviously heard a handful of songs like Uma and Centuries and the one they did with Demi, but I've been really turned off by the arena rock sound they've developed.

14. SpyKi

They have way better songs on those albums than those three imo.

15. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I was kinda hoping so and I feel like I really should get past what I think of those songs and give those albums an honest shot

16. SpyKi

Yeah just try them out. You might end up hating them but I feel like you'll at least enjoy some tracks.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  17. satelliteskin

ok

fad/fuct > tttyg > ioh > and the rest are tied for dead last cause I can't deal with them and how boring they are

Joining in on this thread cause I've been annoyingly obsessed with this band for 10+ years and I'm very invested. I have a lot of feelings. As an old fan, I don't care for the direction they've taken the band, but at the same time I'm so proud that they've managed to accumulate a HUGE new young fan base and stay relevant. It's cool to see young kids out their so pumped for the band that first got me into music.

I did get to photograph their latest show for this magazine I work with and I will say it was the best show I've ever shot. I may not get the appeal of their new music, but they can still put on a show. Best photos I've ever taken.

Pepetito and skogsraet like this.
  18. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Yeah I'm not really into pre-SRAR FOB anymore.

19. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

fad>ab/ap=tttyg>fuct>srar>>>>>>>ioh

in terms of how likely i am to listen to them

20. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

fuct > tttyg > ioh > everything else

Pepetito likes this.
  21. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

TTTYG & Folie forever

Daniel1027 likes this.
  22. FrankOceansEleven

bucks in 6

Folie and Cork Tree are far and away top two for me, after that it depends on what I'm feeling. TTTYG meant a lot to me back in high school but I can't really listen to it anymore.

It's been said a million times over, but I still can't believe that the consensus about Folie has taken such a massive turn. It went from nearly universally hated or forgotten, to almost unanimously adored. It's at the top of 90% of the lists I see.

23. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I agree, loved it when I was a teenager but don't enjoy it anywhere near as much as their post hiatus stuff now. Also don't get the love for Folie at all and think it's their worst album

24. Awksome

Regular

FUTCT > IOH > SRAR > Folie > TTTYG > AB/AP
    The only 2 songs I truly liked out of AB/AP are Fourth Of July and The Kids Aren't Alright.

25. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Folie > SRAR > AB/AP > FUTCT > IOH > TTTYG

AB/AP has grown on me more again lately.