Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

FAD seems like the most praised album around here though.

Certainly my favorite.

2. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

As it fucking should be :thumbup:

Deathco_019 and DeviantRogue like this.
  3. Michael Schmidt Mar 14, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 14, 2016)
    Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I guess I am in the minority here, but I am fine with that.

TTTYG, FUTCT, IOH, SRAR, FAD, AB/AP

Grave is my favorite for the energy those songs give me and the nostalgia from when I got into that record. I think biases aside, FUTCT is their most complete effort. I think SRAR and their subsequent work is cool and I think it's great their second life is more successful than their first. Wish them the best.

Pepetito and carina like this.
  4. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

So excited for their show this week. Setlist looks solid to me, and very excited to finally see PVRIS as well.

5. TheVandyMan

Please stop deleting my custom title Prestigious

I revisited American Beauty/American Psycho today, and that album operates in a weird space for me. The songs are all infectious, and the hooks are there, but it just doesn't do it for me like the rest of their discography does. Listening to it was like having a Snickers bar for dinner: It tastes delicious and sweet when you're consuming it, but it doesn't leave you as full and satisfied as you hoped.

6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I have realized recently when revisiting AB/AP that barring a couple songs, SR&R feels like it has more substance to it, at least to me. I still really enjoy AB/AP, and it has songs like "The Kids Aren't Alright" that are among my favorites in their whole discography, but I think SR&R feels more complete. I'm not even sure where that feeling of depth comes from... maybe it's because so many tracks on AB/AP are SO high-energy and polished that it leaves you with almost a sugar rush, whereas SR&R takes more time to balance things out. This has been more of a recent revelation for me, but SR&R is definitely the album I prefer out of the two.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  7. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

@PyramidPostcard lemme know any highlights of the set in here! how i'd love to write their setlist for a night, haha

carina likes this.
  8. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

spoiler tagging for anyone going to an upcoming show that doesn't want to know yet:
    "Uma Thurman" and "the Kids Aren't Alright" live were really fun, they also brought "Hum Hallelujah" and "Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes" back out, which was super refreshing. oh, and a Bowie tribute played on the screens as they played "Save Rock and Roll". Other than that, it was mostly just the same hits they always play w/ an emphasis on AB/AP tracks. Interesting that they're down to only two FUTCT songs on the set list ("Sugar.." and "Dance, Dance")

9. carina

yr royal highness

fucking bummed about the loss of a little less sixteen candles. would kill for XO to make an appearance on the next US tour.

PyramidPostcard likes this.
  10. Threads

Regular Prestigious

Their current setlist is probs my favorite they've done since the very first tour post-hiatus. The real question for me though is will they ever bring back their iconic jam "Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On a Bad Bet" for future sets. :chin:

11. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I don't know if I'd say favorite but nice to see some other songs get their time.

12. JulieLynn

I really wish I was seeing them during this tour.

13. bobby_runs

Same.

14. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Just got back from the show tonight. Pvris was fantastic, and Fall Out Boy was on point. Such a good show.

15. JulieLynn

Pvris opened for them? That is awesome. Their music is so good.

16. bobby_runs

Its them and Awol nation

17. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Yep! First time seeing Pvris live, and they were pretty fantastic. Put on a solid show as the opener.

18. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

Pvris were really great at my date too. Heard a few people near us who hadn't heard of them before talking about how impressed they were, which was cool.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  19. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Likewise. Very good exposure for them for sure.

20. fame

i thought this was chorus.FM?? Prestigious

fob are playing up in belfast with rhcp in august. hope the exposure is good for them. never really been that big over here for some reason.

21. carina

yr royal highness

It was weird to see them play an arena after seeing them play a club venue a few months ago, but I'm excited to see them get this kind of exposure. They're genuinely kind, talented people and they deserve all the best.

22. Broxi

Supporting/co-headlinging (not sure which) with Biffy Clyro in Glasgow in August, can't wait for that

23. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

I wish I'd caught them on this tour because of Disloyal Order, Hum Hallelujah, and Jet Pack Blues. Also PVRIS because they're amazing.

24. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Don't You Know Who I Think I Am? is such a good spring jam

JulieLynn and Neon Light like this.
  25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The most underrated FOB song of all time

It's one of my very favorite songs by them, like probably top 5

Lindsay M likes this.