Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Fall Out Boy is an American rock band formed in Wilmette, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago, in 2001. The band consists of vocalist and guitarist Patrick Stump, bassist Pete Wentz, guitarist Joe Trohman, and drummer Andy Hurley. The band originated from Chicago's hardcore punk scene, with which Wentz was heavily involved. The group was formed by Wentz and Trohman as a pop punk side project of their respective hardcore bands, and Stump joined shortly thereafter. The group went through a succession of drummers before landing Hurley and recording their debut album, Take This to Your Grave (2003). The album became an underground success and helped the band gain a dedicated fanbase through heavy touring, as well as some moderate commercial success.

2. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Bump.

So, "Youre Crashing, But Youre No Wave" is the best FOB song right.

JRGComedy likes this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Nah that's The Shipped Gold Standard

troyplaysbass likes this.
  4. CoffeeEyes17

Whaaaaat no way. That song gets a lot of hate but idk if I'd call it their best.

"Alpha Dog" and "(Coffees For Closers)" would be some other candidates

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

This is my first hearing of that song getting any hate at all. Damn

6. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Folie a Deux has a legitimate claim to the best album this whole scene has ever produced.

That is all.

Kaduck, Cole, trevorshmevor and 4 others like this.
  7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

At least we all agree that's the gold medal FOB album, right?

Right?

Kaduck, hypernights. and cshadows2887 like this.
  8. CoffeeEyes17

Seems like a lot of fans hate it but that's the case with a lot of their material past FUTCT.

Yeah Folie is definitely up there. That album and the "b-sides" were great. Pretty sure "Alpha Dog" and "From Now On We're Enemies" were from those sessions

9. CoffeeEyes17

What are some others you think might have that claim? Just curious. I think TDAG and Clarity are a given. CTTM also.

10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Amen to that.

hypernights. likes this.
  11. "The (Shipped) Gold Standard" is my favorite FOB song. I also never realized people didn't like that one.

12. cshadows2887

TDAG, Everything in Transit, Commit This to Memory, As Tall As Lions, Here Here and Here, Chase This Light, The Listening, probably a bunch I'm forgetting.

Some of those picks would definitely be more popular than others. Haha

13. CoffeeEyes17

I've never heard As Tall As Lions or Here Here and Here. Need to fix that I guess

14. CoffeeEyes17

Yeah a lot of the TTTYG/FUTCT fans hate pretty much everything after those. I've seen that one and "(Coffees For Closers)" get a lot of hate which is baffling

15. cshadows2887

Much more niche choices. As evidence by the fact that neither band lasted long. But damn do I love those two records

16. CoffeeEyes17

yeah i can see that. listening to the ATAL record now and damn, excellent album so far. Soaring vocals and some great guitar and piano. Kind of get a bit of a Death Cab vibe.

trevorshmevor and cshadows2887 like this.
  17. cshadows2887

Their first two albums are unreal. A lot of people love their third, too, but that one always left me a bit cold.

Band that ended far too early. Singer has a second life as a pop songwriter though, with Sky Ferriera and a bunch of big names.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  18. CoffeeEyes17

yeah ill def be checking out the first one too. Holy shit Chris, is "Ghost of York" real right now. Damn, what a song. Ok. This album is something special. Ty for mentioning this.

Good that hes still got a career in music.

19. cshadows2887

Aw man that makes me really happy that you're loving it, man. Makes sharing so much more fun.

"Ghost of York" could be the best song of their career, if "Acrobat" didn't exist on the debut

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  20. CoffeeEyes17

Yeah nothing quite like introducing someone to an album they love or discovering a new album to love. This shit is stellar

cshadows2887 likes this.
  21. cshadows2887

That's the dragon you chase while racking up 50k posts on a music site. Those moments where you can introduce someone to something they love or vice versa.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  22. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

I really love Meg & Dia. They deserved so much more success :verysad:

permanentann and cshadows2887 like this.
  23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I have given FAD so many chances. It's a trainwreck of an album. There are some fantastic songs on it. But there are a lot of issues with sequencing and flow of the album with some bad songs mixed in.

24. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Yeah, I think I am with Greg on FAD. I don't dislike it, but it's definitely not my favorite FOB record.

25. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i've grown to appreciate FAD so much more with time. there are still tracks i don't care for overall, but it's a great album. wish they'd play something off it other than I Don't Care tho.
    I heard they played Disloyal Order on this tour recently!!

sonder likes this.