Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy Tease and Leave Us Hanging

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Fall Out Boy sent out a cryptic tweet and Instagram post this morning that alluded to something happening today at 11am CST at a list of addresses. The time has come, and passed, and so far … nothing.

What I’ve heard is that a new music video is done, so maybe that’s what’s planned? Beside that, I’m in the dark like everyone else right now.

Chicago, please silence your cell phones at 11am CST https://t.co/J2dZPAtWzl pic.twitter.com/pTKLgHmPc3

— Fall Out Boy (@falloutboy) April 21, 2017

2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

jeez taking lessons from Kendrick I see

3. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

classic tease and deny. Thought my domme only did this.

JRGComedy likes this.
  4. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Mark just tweeted "The Fall Out Boy announcement debacle is totally my fault and I am not sorry"

5. TedSchmosby

Trusted

guess it was just a PSA

6. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Have they been recording at all?

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

The announcement is that they've confirmed that they're more than you bargained for

8. so light um up, up, up

9. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Why would they tease us like this? It has to be a mix up. I could understand making an announcement without a specific time and everybody waiting on the edge of their seat for when the announcement happens, but somebody had to of put this on Twitter too early is my best guess.

10. bodkins

Trusted

Damn new FOB too? Anticipating so many records at this point, but keep em coming!

11. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Who knows. They recorded all of Save Rock and Roll without any of us knowing so they very well could have been.

bodkins likes this.
  12. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

They just fall off the face of the earth sometimes lol I used to at least hear about their side gigs and ventures but lately they are ghosts

13. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

the kerning in that logo is driving me nuts. it seems intentional, but jesus...

Brent, heymattrick and Jason Tate like this.
  14. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I showed up to one of the theaters at 11:00, and none of the employees had any idea what I was talking about. There were about five other people there asking as well. I can't believe how poorly this was executed, and I'm surprised an official announcement/statement hasn't been released yet.

deadwrong likes this.
  15. BlackJak094

I have the fury of my own momentum.

Brent likes this.
  16. sawhney[rusted]2

17. BlackJak094

18. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

[​IMG]

I guess something FOB-related will show during the previews in those movie theaters today.

19. sawhney[rusted]2

Wtf do they expect people to be like "hey can we just watch the previews quick we'll be out in a sec"?

Daniel182 likes this.
  20. BlackJak094

They're literally telling people it's not worth buying the ticket to see it... this seems to have been hyped up WAY too much.

21. bodkins

Trusted

Yea what a sloppy roll out.

22. BlackJak094

Skip to 7 minutes in to see the clip!

23. @@ron

Regular

I wonder if the purple theme has symbolism since all their albums have had red and blue cover themes? Who knows, I am excited for next week!

24. sawhney[rusted]2

[​IMG]

25. sawhney[rusted]2

I wonder if its the same artist/photographer

Arry likes this.