Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy Release New EP and Video • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 23, 2018.

1. The band hasn't peaked. Mania was incredible. :shrug:

2. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Just finished Bishops Knife Trick. Can confirm.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Butinsmallsteps

Regular

Really liked the ep. Great songs. Songs 1 and 2 grab me immediately. I love how weird and crazy Super Fade is but it didn’t be really grab me. Hoping it grows on me

4. Haha I can't help but still hear this every time I listen

5. Bayside 182 Aug 23, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 23, 2018)
    Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Diggin this EP more than I had thought I would. I think the first song is definitely a throwback sound for them which I didn't expect so I'm pleasantly surprised. The third song is like something right off the style of Mania and its great as well.

Edit: Also, in the second song, I keep waiting for him to say "Country Roads.....West Virginia"

6. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

At the first few listens into this EP, I'm thoroughly impressed by FOB for taking a stab at some of the production elements surrounding Folie and Take this to your grave. I'll have a full review for you guys tomorrow, but again, well done Fall Out Boy.

7. aniafc

Trusted

Mania took a lot of time to grow, their first two come back records were more immediately good — if that makes sense.

Personally though, this band’s peak is Folie; the perfect mix between pop punk FOB and post hiatus FOB.

Not that their new stuff is bad at all, but Folie is the best version of this band IMO

somethingliketj likes this.
  8. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I like I like I liiiiiiiike

9. Slampiece

@haysanchez

I’d have to say Folie was the bands peak, even though I’ve liked a lot of stuff post hiatus, that Album is just perfect to me. But I’m glad they keep putting out reasons to pay attention to FoB.

10. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I love the first two songs, unfortunately Super Fade does absolutely nothing for me :/

11. jackyjackyjack

Regular

Folie is the most underrated FOB album. I could never get bored of listening to Tiffany Blews.

zachzacchero and aniafc like this.
  12. Mikey Strawz

You're a classic, like a little black dress. Prestigious

Yup. I was going to say the same thing! Haha.

Bayside 182 likes this.
  13. Mikey Strawz

You're a classic, like a little black dress. Prestigious

Don't worry... I know what you meant from your first comment.

Pepetito likes this.
  14. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

This is the first enjoyable material I’ve got from them in quite some time...

15. Should check out their other releases if you like this. They’re quite good.

16. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

I liked the comeback album for the most part, the last 2 just haven’t done anything for me. This EP was quite the surprise though, I thoroughly enjoyed it...