Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy Release New EP and Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Really wish they would go back to harder stuff. Folie is the last album I even mildly got into.

CMilliken likes this.
  3. "Hard" is now how I would ever have described Fall Out Boy. Love this EP. But, I've loved virtually everything the band has done.

4. AMC

Regular

What has Sean been doing. Forgot about him

5. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Title track is cool.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  6. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

The first two tracks are some of the only things I've loved since Folie. So nice to hear some actual guitar-based songs again. Wish Sean would produce more for them.

7. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

"Harder".

8. chcougar1

Trusted

Must mean slightly more pop punk? Lol

9. This doesn't really help me; last three albums have all had "harder" songs than stuff on their earlier albums.

10. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Some of the hardest stuff I've listened to has been electronic music, so if you're insinuating that FOB needs more overt guitars and Thriller style breakdowns, I respectfully disagree.

Y&M is one of the heaviest songs the bands ever done

11. somethingwitty

Trusted

Title track is probably the first FOB song I've dug since Folie. Really good!

12. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

Well, it was written and released on a mixtape during that time, so guess you still haven't dug a song since then.

13. ZeoVGM

Regular

That third track is insane. Love it.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  14. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

EP is really cool. Love the first two songs. Super Fade seems like a grower.

Video is really awesome as well. Tour seems like it has some cool support and big venues so should be great.

Fall Out Boy were epic in London at a 20,000 cap arena. Had all my fingers and toes crossed for Elton John to appear when they played Save Rock n Roll though.

David Parke likes this.
  15. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

16. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

I'm not sure what else to say. more punky maybe.

17. I was a little bothered by the pitchiness of the title track when I listened this morning, but now it's really cool to learn the song intentionally had no pitch correction on it

18. Yeah that's my favorite

19. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

My girlfriend still gets confused between Panic and Fall Out Boy. No matter which one I play she will always say the opposite 'oh is this Panic' Staring to think this is on purpose. Grr...

David Parke likes this.
  20. Chance Harbour

Regular

Lake Effect Kid sounds sooo good. Especially without the gratuitous “CL-CLIN-CLINTON SPARKS.”

21. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Folie is definitely the vibe I got from this track as soon as I played it. Definitely a winner.

22. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Super Fade is a stellar track, damn.

Also, I totally agree with @CyberInferno. 'City in a Garden' could've easily fit in Folie.

23. somethingwitty

Trusted

Just gave this a second listen...the juxtaposition between the first track and the other two is quite jarring. Super Fade is just too busy, very interested to hear what a live version of this sounds like.

Are they using a live keyboardist on tour lately or playing to backing tracks?

24. DeeZee

If Young Metro Don't Trust You... Prestigious

Love the EP. Haven’t felt this way about any of their songs, outside of Wilson, in almost a decade.

25. rbf737

Regular

I think this band peaked from Lake Effect Kid "mixtape" into Folie; Pat was just on a songwriting tear back then. Cool to finally see this get a proper recording. Ha anyone else hearing "Take Me Home, Country Roads" on the second track?

It went into "20 Dollar Nosebleed" after the EP finished playing for me. Spotify knows.