Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy Release “Bloom” Short Film Collaboration

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Fall Out Boy have teamed up with Bobby Hundreds and We Are Famous to release the short film collaboration Bloom.

Most of us can relate to that that quiet moment right before a personal earthquake hits – where the world shatters at your very core and reality slowly cracks up to the surface like the protruding veins in your wrist. BLOOM explores the truth behind rising above failure and harnessing new life from it. The film stars the ever-amazing Scout Taylor-Compton (The Runaways, Halloween 2, Nashville) as a troubled young motorcyclist whose journey along a winding desert road is violently halted at a crossroads. Through sheer force of will she must choose a new, more positive life path, in order to rise from the ashes.

growing up the things that informed my life and me the most were experiential. these were the moments that you could live inside. i remember there was a summer where guns n’ roses, terminator 2 and slalom water skiing all met up in my head. it was relentless in the way i thought about them and the way they commingled with each other. i can remember that summer and still in some ways go back and live inside of it because of the way it was so experiential and transformative for me. there is a texture to it. like pop culture was curated by some force that summer for me personally… BLOOM is meant to be an experiential idea- one that started as a conversation between us and bobby hundreds… just an idea. then it became a short film about how you can empower yourself, how falling/failing can make you stronger… but that conversation became bigger and we realized that we could create a film, stage uniforms, stage look, show design, and merchandise and have them all inform each other. so that we could make a moment that would be different than all the moments before it and after it- that you could take with you as a texture. in so many ways it is amazing the dialogue we can have and the art we can create and share with each other now. i love seeing the fan art from tv shows and movies i love… its that conversation that wasn’t truly possible in that summer to me- thats what i appreciate most about now. so if you are reading this, you are part of BLOOM.
    sometimes you have to crack the pavement before you can BLOOM.

– PW

2. adleon18

Not available in my country :tear:

3. I hope that FOB continues down a more artistic route - they need to shake up what they're doing quite a bit on the next record.

Edit: nevermind, that was strange and bad. I don't even see why this needed to exist.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  4. zachzacchero

As someone who loves everything FOB does, I don't know why this exists.

5. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

The hype post made me feel more than the video itself, too bad.