Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy Push Back Album Release • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I just find it odd to book an arena tour and then push back the album that's intended to promote it. I guess it DOES set them up to play all those radio station Christmas festivals (both alternative and top 40 ones).

2. I don't think they're gonna have much trouble selling tickets. Of course they probably wanted the tour to help promote the album and were aiming on that all working together (another reason they announced the album), but, alas.

3. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I remember hearing the record was still being written when it got announced for September so this push is not surprising.

4. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Young and Menace IS ABSOLUTELY LIT in the same way that song with Lil Jon like "PUSH A MOTHAFUCKA" is lit

5. red8ge

Regular

i'm sure fan reaction caused them to have a collective mental breakdown, "Yes. The Fans Are Right. Let's Write FUCT 2"

Raku, KidLightning and Bryan Diem like this.
  6. Bryan Diem

Trusted

"Oh, Senses Fail is regressing 12 years? Sounds like the move"

Raku, FTank, JRGComedy and 1 other person like this.
  7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

"Young and Menace" is awesome. Not as into "Champion," but don't hate it, either. Regardless, I like modern FOB overall more than classic FOB (SRAR is my favorite album of theirs), so when this album does finally drop, I'm sure I'll dig it.

8. jameson4111

The two songs they already released are going to sound stale and old by the time the album comes out. Kind of sucks but I support them on making the best album they possibly can with no rush.

9. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Ftr Champion is 0/10 for me but honestly an album in the style of Young and Menace would probably have my attention and.....might be really fun?

BigMouth likes this.
  10. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

The real question is what will they sound like in 2018!

Raku, Chase Tremaine and Jason Tate like this.
  11. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

This album needs a ton of dad hats

Raku and Bryan Diem like this.
  12. Bryan Diem

Trusted

This is actually accurate. It needs something that makes the time period. Last album didn't really have that, it was just kinda there... But with the power of 2017 channeled through dad hats, there's hope yet.

Raku likes this.
  13. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

This current period is dad hats, bomber jackets for every occasion, and of course, millennial pink

Raku likes this.
  14. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I frequently wear dad hats WITH bomber jackets should I be ashamed

Raku and Jason Tate like this.
  15. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

No, sounds like your pretty with the times!

Raku and ComedownMachine like this.
  16. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Yeah they probably had a similar approach but didn't like the result of the songs this time around

17. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Are there mom hats ?

18. This doesn't surprise me at all. Setting a release date for an unfinished album is risky business. I don't mind waiting for a better record, and I trust the band's judgement.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Very pleased to hear they recognized that they were rushing it and didn't want to do that, and also that Pete acknowledged that AB/AP was, which I've always felt. Starting to have hope for this record, even though I'm not crazy about either of the songs yet

20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, I find the new songs to be appallingly bad, but I admire their honesty.

When Brand New delayed it because they didn't think the songs were up to scratch everyone admired the honesty and despite my opinion on their post-hiatus output, I'll do the same with Fall Out Boy.

21. adleon18

I just saw last week that the release date for MANIA was the same as the new Foo Fighters album and thought it was odd and now they change the release date :eh:
    Maybe the real reason is that they just didn´t want to directly compete with the Foo Fighters´ new album since they had the same release date ;-p
    Joking aside I am glad they are releasing MANIA later, first, so they can have a good cohesive record they believe in and second, so I can concentrate in listening to the new Foo Fighters and then then give MANIA my love next year

Raku likes this.
  22. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I do this too, I think that means we're millenials.

23. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

What are dad hats?

I'm a dad. Why don't I know about this?

24. tobytobes

Regular

Dad hats are the "strapback" ones, not to be confused with "snapbacks", haha.

It's the one that just have the piece of cloth that adjusts the hat size with the little metal clasp usually.

[​IMG]

Raku likes this.
  25. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Haha. That's hilarious.

Raku likes this.