Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy Perform on Fallon

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 17, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Yikes... i really like the song, but i didn't expect it to transfer to a good live version.

3. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

I didn't know it was possible but....

I actually like the song even less now.

4. defmytones

Regular

Woof.

kait_whiteside likes this.
  5. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

"For all you care, our record could be Pip farting on a snare drum."

6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I really like this track and the verses sounded fine here, but they need to figure that chorus out.

7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'm sure they'll work out the kinks with it. Verses sound good, they just have to work on how to do that chorus live.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  8. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I just can't get into this.

kait_whiteside likes this.
  9. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Cannot get into this live.

10. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

At least he's singing on the chorus, but ugh... It just sounded so bad.

11. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

Whoa. I think they should just let the chorus be and not sing over it.

12. That was intense. A lotta good, a lotta rough. Like others have said, there are kinks to work out, but ultimately I think this could become epic live. TV spots are usually really poorly mixed anyway. In a big venue, with the performance smoothed out, this could sound incredible. I love how much of it was really done live (it seemed like Patrick was using vocal pedals for a lot of the effects), which is encouraging. Seeing the song played makes me realize how much interesting stuff is really happening here.

GetUpAndrew likes this.
  13. tobytobes

Regular

I ain't fartin' on no snare drum man!

14. tobytobes

Regular

I think they need to either sing that chorus or let the crazy synth lady voice sing the chorus, but not both.

15. CMilliken

Trusted

Sounded good on the verses but that chorus.... woof live and woof recorded.

16. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

I quote every single word.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  17. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I was trying to work out how they would perform this song live, turns out they haven't really worked it out either.

BradBradley and kait_whiteside like this.
  18. DesolateEarth

Birb

This song actually would not be half bad if it wasn't for those insufferable vocal effects in the chorus.

19. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

That was just as awkward as I thought it would be. It's like Patrick turns into a record and starts skipping on the chorus.

20. Chorus sounds indeed awkward. I think they would really benefit from one or two live members, specifically for the electronic parts, because this song, like anything from the last two albums, sound a bit empty live.

21. Oh damn Patrick looks so disappointed at the end, it breaks my heart

22. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I heard Centuries, Uma Thurman and Kids Aren't Alright in 2015 live and thought they sounded rather full, personally! Just as much as their other songs live

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  23. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Well it's not thaaat bad, but they could get some different approaches to singing the chorus indeed.

24. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Musically I do enjoy the song, but like others have said, they need a new approach to performing the chorus - because it's doing Patrick no favours. I'm often split on songs like this that are understandably hard to perform live, because on one hand, bands should be encouraged to experiment for their records, but it seems odd to then lead with and take a single to tv that so clearly would have been hard to perform live.