Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy on TRL in a Few Weeks

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Wait. Did I travel back in time?

Oh man, am I gonna make a killing on bitcoin.

3. ARo24

Regular

I don’t think this will last but I have good memories from TRL. The highlight is seeing NFG perform there. Crazy to think it was 15 years ago.

4. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I remember seeing Deftones on TRL once right around the time White Pony was released. They weren't even on the countdown since they never really got close to cracking that level of fame, but Carson Daly just wanted them on there because that was a Carson Daly thing to do, I guess.

5. Signifire Dec 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 28, 2017)
    Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Yeah this era of music in the streaming age wasn’t really built for TRL, I don’t see it lasting. There’s my frigid cold take.

6. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

carson daly with his stupid black fingernail polish

Brent likes this.
  7. efp722

Regular

WHAT YEAR IS IT

8. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

How do they even do live shows with the new material? I couldn't hear a lick of guitar in Hold me tight...

9. ZeoVGM

Regular

Might want to get your ears checked, my friend.

10. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Quite well actually. The middle era was the stuff that didn’t sound as great when I saw them last month.

11. TedSchmosby

Trusted

How many years will TRL have to be on the air before people stop making “TRL?? WHEN AM I???” jokes

Brent likes this.