Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy - MANIA (Jan 19, 2018) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I listened to this and Uma Thurman back to back. It's no contest: this kiiiiiills Uma Thurman. I wish the drums were louder in the chorus. Would have made the whole thing soar more. I still don't like this, but I actually think there's something real going on here.

FTank likes this.
  2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Does anyone know if the initial release of Centuries was exactly the same as the album version?

3. sawhney[rusted]2

Oh dang he name dropped Legion

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

This chorus SLAMS in the new vehicle I bought with Harmon Kardon factory amped speaker system.

Polaris, teebs41 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  5. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I haaaaaaate Uma Thurman lol, probably my least favorite song this band has put out.

I think I like Y&M actually, wanna give it some time and more listens tho. The drums really make the chorus work for me.

FTank and Jason Tate like this.
  6. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Oh man I just heard this, yeah that was no bueno - like wow, very disappointing. This and the Ghostbusters theme >-p:crylaugh::brokenheart:

7. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I like Uma Thurman. oh well.

8. "Champion" is on apple music...

"Centuries" part 2...meh on first listen.

beachdude42 likes this.
  9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

More or less my thoughts. I like it, but it's a very safe song.

10. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

I know they're going for that college football ad money with this one, but god, it's a snooze.

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Very commercialized. Just in time before all the sportsball seasons start but again. I like it way better than Centuries, too. Far less annoying.

12. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

Deff agree on the centuries comparison. I liked menace better by a pretty large margin. this wasn't terrible but i expect more from a 10 track album that i have to wait another three months for

13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

So bad

14. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

WHERE ARE THE FUCKING GUITA....

oh, never mind.

nchlsnwtn and Jason Tate like this.
  15. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Based on one listen, it's not bad, but nothing really stands out too much. Will have to listen a few more times to see if it grows on me

16. beachdude

Honestly Young and Menace grew on me after listening more the last few days lol. I think at first I was forcing myself not to like it because it wasn't what I thought a FOB song "should be", which is stupid reasoning not to like something... but the EDM breakdown just threw me off. At this point it's still nowhere near my favorite FOB songs or anything, but I think I actually like it more than Champion for how different it is for this band.

17. I am going to love the "too different" chants changing to "too the same" for a few weeks.

(Oh, and this sounds like a radio single. Heh.)

18. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

wow

19. sawhney[rusted]2

Gonna have to see this in context in the album, some interesting things going on here but I think I need to see where the band is going with as a whole with this project

20. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

The "belie-EE-EEEEVE" at the second verse is funny/awesome. I think the song is good, and going to be better live.

21. beachdude

Yeah definitely. Personally I think between this and Y&M they're striking an interesting balance so far, it'll be interesting to see how much the full album walks the line between new territory and straight-up stadium anthem songs.

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I like the new song. I can understand the Centuries comparisons but I think this is more interesting musically.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  23. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I don't think this is that bad.

24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Forgot the new song was dropping tonight. This is way closer to the last two albums than "Young and Menace" for sure, it would be right at home on either of them. I like it! Definitely was not what I was expecting after the first song, though. The chorus is so simple that it's guaranteed to earworm its way into people's heads all summer.

Gonna be weird to release an album that sounds like this after summer is over. Definitely would've liked to have it to jam to outside in the heat, although considering it's not finished yet I understand why we're not getting it sooner.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

here's the Spotify link