Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy - MANIA (Jan 19, 2018) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Apr 27, 2017.

1. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

few of my former coworkers always played EDM stuff @ work and i just couldn't stand it :-/

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Genre really doesn't have to do anything with why this song sucks

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

People saying this song sucks, what about that Alvin & the Chipmunks feature tho...

4. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah can we not pretend this song is indicative of electronic music? That's legitimately offensive to thousands of brilliant artists lol

5. cherrywaves

Trusted

Yeah like I think it's cool they're trying something new for them and stepping outside their comfort zone, I just hate the execution

Also, I'm not a big fan of when Patrick really "belts it out"

6. timetables

Absolutely horrendous- and I have loved everything this band has put out.

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

"electronic dance music" is not just mainstream leaning "dubstep"

beachdude42, Joel and Joe4th like this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

bad EDM is pretty bad
    but good EDM is pretty good

(insert any genre)

cwhit likes this.
  9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I enjoy the song, the chorus goes on for a bit too long though. I'm interested to see how the rest of the album sounds

10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

whoa
    steve
    mind blown

11. TheVandyMan

Please stop deleting my custom title Prestigious

This is a novelty song in the sense that the chorus really surprises you the first time you hear it and catches you off guard, but on repeated listens it feels like it's just a stand-in for where an actual chorus should be. It's gimmicky.

beachdude42 and irthesteve like this.
  12. Contender Apr 27, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 27, 2017)
    Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

This is the first FOB album that I'm not a fan of the first single. Like ABAP, there is a lot going on in the song. Lots of new stuff to try, but it feels like it's too much and it's messy.

lightning13 likes this.
  13. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Well played

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  14. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

re: my previous post: I wasn't talking about the thread's reaction to this song if people think that, I meant the general sentiment regarding the genre lol. esp considering I find the chorus pretty annoying

beachdude42 and Joe4th like this.
  15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

16. tdlyon Apr 27, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 27, 2017)
    tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

...At least it's different?

Don't get me wrong, it's not good at all, but I'm very glad it wasn't just a mid-tempo song with a "big" chorus like My Songs or Centuries. After how bland and bad AB/AP was I at least have a tiny bit of interest in this now, and I say this as someone who is a massive fan of all of their albums before that one. So I guess this makes this song so bad that it's...fascinating?

Oh and the lyrics are horrible, especially the Nikki Sixx line and the "oops I did it again" part

Chcurry182 likes this.
  17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

give it a month and y'all will love it

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Opinions are opinions, but I don't see how you could call AB/AP bland. There's so much going on in that album.

KidLightning likes this.
  19. Bane

The spiciest meme

Yea I just listened for the first time and not feeling the chorus. It might grow on me a bit but it's a bit too jarring for me right now.

Not really any less wanting to listen to the album though, remember when AB/AP the song dropped (although I will admit I liked that more than I do this song). But in any case still interested to hear the album.

20. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Alright, after a second time through it I'm pretty sure I'm cool with saying I like the song. I understand why others don't, but something about it works for me.

21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Don't really want to get into this a ton right now but almost every song on there blends together for me

musicfan9795 likes this.
  22. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

N O O O O.

23. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

best thing was in the zane lowe interview when pete acknowledged that srar and abap were basically the same album cycle. glad they're trying new and challenging things in this cycle. i do hope the rest of the record goes all over the place though and not just stick with the same pseudo-electronic, chopped/pitched vocal thing for all ten tracks.

24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

mattfreaksmeout and Jason Tate like this.
  25. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Damn, y'all weren't kidding about this chorus. Woof. X-(