Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy - MANIA (Jan 19, 2018) Album • Page 156

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Apr 27, 2017.

1. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

Tell Mick is my favorite song of theirs, favorite opener. Not sure how it "rates" in their discography.

2. Iago

forbidden chalice.

idk how popular it is but ive been a big fan of Calm Before The Storm lately. the "between your smiles and regrets" section has no right to be as good as it is. i didnt like TTTYG that much growing up but ive been revisiting it lately and a lot more is sticking with me, that song especially

beachdude likes this.
  3. tdlyon Jan 10, 2022
    (Last edited: Jan 10, 2022)
    tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

If they don't drop an album in 2022 then the same amount of time since the last album will have passed as between Folie and SR&R

sophos34, Brent, angel paste and 4 others like this.
  4. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

i remember reading an interview around 2019 while joe was promoting the most recent album from the damned things that made me think some of his pre-hiatus dissatisfaction with the band was creeping back in. something to the effect of 'fall out boy is mostly just about hearing patrick's voice now'.

that was obviously years ago, but that combined with COVID, all their other projects, maybe focussing on getting the hella mega tour out of the way - it wouldn't surprise me if they haven't worked on anything together at all over the last few years.

DisloyalOrder and beachdude like this.
  5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I wouldn't be surprised if their next album sounds more like their older stuff now that that sound is back in fashion again

6. Had to google what HMT was, it didn't register what that was an acronym for

Colby Searcy and Brent like this.
  7. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

IOH is 15 today. Jeez. Still a great, great album.

8. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

I hope the next album they make some dad rock

scottlechowicz likes this.
  9. IOH and AB/AP are like weird transitional albums that each have their moments but aren't as good as the two they serve as the bridge between. Their discography feels like TTTYG followed by two trilogies

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  10. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

That’s what makes me excited for the next record.

11. yeah idk whether to expect a natural progression from Mania or something entirely different

12. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

I want a FUCT sounding album. Cliche to say but I think it's due, not sure if they have that in them.

mattylikesfilms and sophos34 like this.
  13. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I want a PAX AM style album

FrankieThe4th likes this.
  14. Given that's literally the only album of theirs I never listen to, ever, please god no.

15. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I think PAX AM is hideous. Literally anything else but that. Give me 10 "Young & Menace"s over that.

16. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

album full of Lake Effect Kids please

17. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

Yeah Lake Effect Kid made me believe they can pull off that sound still (know it was an old song rerecorded)

18. I just don't want a retread, and I doubt they do, either

19. sophos34 Feb 6, 2022
    (Last edited: Feb 7, 2022)
    sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

new lake effect kid sounds like a natural evolution of their old style though, not a retread, i would be all in with an exploration of that style. or whatever it is they want to do, i did enjoy the majority of mania a lot. its just that the low points were reeeeaaaaal low. still, one of the stronger front halves of an album in their discog

20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Such a damn good front half that falls completely apart in the second half

sophos34 likes this.
  21. WeWereGiants

Regular

I still listen to MANIA in the incorrect order, I think opening with Young & Menace and Champion works much better.

I also think MANIA is really strong which doesn’t seem to be a popular opinion so

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  22. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

MANIA is probably the album of theirs I go back to the most. Don't think a lot of people really gave it the chance it deserved after Young & Menace wasn't received too well

23. BenSmith94

Trusted

MANIA>>Save Rock and Roll>>>AB/AP

Supernova and AFoolsGlory like this.
  24. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

i can't believe anyone would wanna hear fall out boy make pop punk in 2022

BenSmith94 and TEGCRocco like this.
  25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I certainly would rather hear that than another album of outdated stadium pop-rock

I love SR&R and MANIA but weirdly those albums already sound more dated to me than their first four

Crisp X, beachdude, Slangster and 4 others like this.