Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy - MANIA (Jan 19, 2018) Album • Page 154

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Idk why but there’s something so uncool about fob in 2021 lol I just dk. Even that performance was so...cringe to me. I know I’m in the minority though.

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

ok whose fav did I disrespect this time

3. I'd heard things to the effect of there being uncertainty around the individual in question's age; some said 15, others said 17 or as young as 14 - even if she was 17 and he was 23, the age gap and power dynamic in play still make it a morally questionable relationship and Wentz hasn't faced consequences for it. Had never really looked into it but seeing that post tonight has made me realise he was on some incredibly sketchy shit. I'm out - can't support this band anymore and probably could have made this decision a lot sooner.

4. DisloyalOrder Jan 19, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 20, 2021)
    DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

I believe she stated she was 17 when they started dating, which is the age of consent in IL I believe. Not that it makes it better, but it's also important to note that she wasn't 15 like most fanfics and blogs back then made her to be.

Also, TTTYG isn't about her. People don't know Patrick wrote the lyrics to most of that album.

skogsraet likes this.
  5. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I am so tired of people believing everything they read on an anonymous Tumblr and I'm not just thinking of Pete, even though this is not the first time this has happened with him either

emojedi and dandownunder like this.
  6. ctschwink Jan 20, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 20, 2021)
    ctschwink

Mtzrtt1 Supporter

soooooo what was their setlist at the inauguration concert?

7. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

a whole new album

8. DannyZach

Trusted

Lol

9. sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  10. @@ron

Regular

Alright fellas it’s been three years. I’ll take a new album now

ctschwink likes this.
  11. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

*good

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

holy shit I'm listening to Sugar, We're Going Down on Dolby Atmos and hearing so many extra guitar parts I had no idea were in there

Turkeylegz likes this.
  13. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Dude I’m being honest I don’t get what people are hearing with Atmos… like AT ALL. Literally just sounds quieter to me, then I crank the volume up so it can sound almost the same as before with maybe a bit more “spacious” feeling. Maybe I just don’t have fine-tuned enough eardrums :crylaugh:

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I haven't tried yet, and I'm definitely dubious, but in theory wouldn't you need great speakers or headphones to get the full experience too?

15. beachdude

I suppose so lol. I’m on AirPods Pro which are one of the headphones they’re featuring this as working well with. So idk haha

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Sounds like Apple being Apple haha. Either way, I don't quite understand how it'll be better than lossless which is already as perfect as possible. They just mixed the songs a little different??

17. beachdude

I’m definitely not the person to explain the difference not being an audio engineer or major audiophile tbh haha.

I will say though that I’m trying The Weeknd’s “After Hours” album on Dolby Atmos currently since they featured him in the Atmos section… and I’ll *slightly* eat my words. The best way I can describe it is the sound on headphones feels more like it’s surrounding you rather than just stereo, and you kind of pick up more sonic details in the mix. It’s really hard for me to describe personally but it is starting to grow on me, weird volume issues notwithstanding.

18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Try listening to the Marvin Gaye walkthrough at the beginning of this playlist:
    Idk why it isn't showing up, just Google "Made for Spatial Audio"

beachdude likes this.
  19. beachdude

I should edit my original post haha was too lazy to do so. But yeah I totally get it now. I think a lot of it depends on what you’re listening on and what song/album you’re listening to, but overall yeah this is super dope.

JRGComedy likes this.
  20. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Totally! I'm still very unclear on whether or not they reached out to labels to get remasters specifically for it or like... Is there a template you can just slap on each song?

beachdude likes this.
  21. beachdude

I'm wondering the same thing haha. That'll make a big difference on how quickly it can be adopted tbh

JRGComedy likes this.
  22. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty annoying that it's just certain songs on an album that are compatible. Like, Dance Dance and Sugar are compatible and then the rest isn't so it suddenly goes very loud.

beachdude likes this.
  23. beachdude

Yeah same, I’m hoping that changes soon as more songs are able to adopt it.

24. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Sugar and Dance, Dance are the master tracks for sure. They sound exactly like the Rock Band and Guitar Hero releases that use masters. Several instruments aside, the vocals when Patrick sings "We're going down, down (down down)" in the bridge give it away immediately because they're completely different.

25. heymattrick

Sending my love

Holy shit, now that I realized I had to update my
    iOS and remove existing downloads from my phone to hear this… the songs I’ve listened to in Atmos are phenomenal. It’s like a completely different listening experience.

Blinding Lights blew my mind.