Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy - MANIA (Jan 19, 2018) Album • Page 148

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Apr 27, 2017.

1. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

2. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  3. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Threw this on today.

Its very, very good.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

KidLightning likes this.
  5. heymattrick

Sending my love

Happy 15 years, Cork Tree.

Such an important album for me. The end of my sophomore year in high school and the summer leading into my junior year. It was really around that time, and because of albums like this, that I started to learn about dealing with and expressing emotions. I remember it was also one of the first times that listening to music made me feel like I wasn't going through the things I was going through alone. I got to see FOB live for the first time the next spring on Black Clouds and Underdogs, and I've been a diehard fan ever since. I love these guys forever and ever.

6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

This might be the first one that makes me feel old

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  7. heymattrick

Sending my love

Three Cheers hit 15 last summer and that's what did it for me. But this one doesn't help. Posting my thoughts on Twitter this morning about Cork Tree and saying that I was a sophomore/junior in high school, while realizing that a lot of my Twitter friends (turned into real life concert friends) were probably 6-7 years old when this album came out.

JRGComedy and skogsraet like this.
  8. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

American Idiot turning 15 last year made me feel old.

heymattrick likes this.
  9. I have cousins who are like 13 or 14. So you're saying when FutCT came out they weren't even born? Dang.

10. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i was 13 when i first heard Cork Tree, 15 years ago. irreparably changed my life in the years since :rock:

heymattrick likes this.
  11. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I remember my friend's brother got him the CD when it came out, but he didn't like it so I borrowed it. Fell in love with them immediately. I was 10

12. Kuri44

I was one of those kids who hated FOB at first. When that new wave of pop punk bands started rising in 2003-2005, I thought most of them were shit (Yellowcards Ocean Avenue, FOBs TTTYG, All Time Low, Boys like girls, Hawthorne Heights are the ones I remember most.. I loved Motion City Soundtrack though)cause those were the albums that people told me I would love and to me they just didn’t hold and candle to blink, NFG, Sum 41, MxPx). It wasn’t until a few months after FUCT came out, i saw some kid at school speeding with his windows down listening to Dance Dance and I asked him what song that was cause it sounded so fucking cool. That day was when i became a FOB fan. It’s a great album, but IOH was my first FOB album and as a fan and was looking forward to it. Probably why to this day, TTTYG is my least favorite FOB album. No memories attached to it and it really is their worst

13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

FUCT and IOH are still their best albums for me (literally whichever of the two I listened to more recently is always my favorite FOB album)

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I personally think their best album (and most underrated) is Folie A Duex. That record is incredible and had the perfect balance of pop, rock, and soul.

FUCT and IOH are pretty much tied for the second spot in my book.

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Folié was such a cool direction for them, they didn’t really get back to that type of soulful songwriting until MANIA, which is why MANIAs probably tied with IOH at #2 for me

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Alright fine

Folie
    SR&R
    IOH
    FUCT
    M A N I A
    ABAP
    TTTYG

17. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Ok

Everything else

IOH
    Evening Out

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Here we go:

Folie A Deux
    FUCT
    IOH
    TTTYG
    SRAR
    AB/AP
    Mania

Honestly though - I never really listen to anything post Folie these days. There’s a few gems on each record post-reunion but they’re overall just not for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Goddamn, 7 Minutes in Heaven (Atavan Halen) is still one of the most quintessential FOB songs IMO.

20. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Folie
    IOH
    Mania
    AB/AP
    FUTCT
    SR&R
    TTTYG

21. Elder Lightning

Since it's unofficial 504 Plan day, here's an old song (2003) featuring Patrick. 504 Plan were a Chicago pop-punk band from the early 2000's and contemporaries of FOB. Members of the band went on to be part of The Academy Is, Empires, Wax On Radio, and Panic At the Disco.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  22. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Fuck man. 504 Plan. That takes me back.

KidLightning likes this.
  23. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Folie
    AB/AP
    FUTCT
    IOH
    Mania
    SR&R
    TTTYG

JRGComedy likes this.
  24. Elder Lightning

I always remember them on this day since it's my friend Cate's birthday (who I went to my first FOB show with, actually) and when we first met, before I knew her birthday, I got her AIM screen name and it had "504" in it and I (excitedly) asked her if it was for 504 Plan.

25. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Haha

Goodness, the early 2000's were such an awesome time to be a suburban teenager in Chicago who listened to pop punk.

KidLightning likes this.