Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy - MANIA (Jan 19, 2018) Album • Page 138

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Apr 27, 2017.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I’m not sure there’s much life left to squeeze out of it. It makes me really sad this one didn’t seem to take off. I really don’t understand why. I can’t see another full tour unless they’ve got a big co-headliner type thing planned. I think we could see a few festival dates pop up or things like that but i expect a quiet 2019 from this band while they regroup and plan their next move.

beachdude and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  2. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I know this isn't always an easy question to answer, but did this album do well?

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I wouldn't say it flopped, but I doubt the band is thrilled with it's performance. It just never really had a hit single. None of the songs have hit 100 million plays on Spotify, and the only one that really made any waves is Last of the Real Ones, which seems to have done moderately well. It's not like it did terrible, I just think it's the first sign I've seen of their popularity slowing down since they returned from their hiatus. But I think they could easily turn things around.

4. btr

Trusted Supporter

Rollout was kind of all over the place too between the album delay/MANIA tour leg still happening even though the album was pushed/Young and Menace being the first song to drop and its initial reception. They came out the gate weird.

5. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Yeah, I think they were banking on Champion having a My Songs/Centuries level of performance, and it just never got it. Then the delay, the initial reception to Y&M etc. It was just a recipe for "failure" (even if it wasn't really a failure by most's standards)

6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

it's a great album to throw on at the gym

other than that i havent really come back to it much. there is some good in this record though.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

They should do a smaller venue tour and then not have it derailed by a hay truck catching on fire. Just my opinion!!!

beachdude, sonder, AndrewSoup and 3 others like this.
  8. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

There was also the streaming services having the wrong track order at launch.

9. Pooch

Regular

Finally spun this. It was....difficult to get through

10. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

because you were dancing so hard you lost focus?

11. Pooch

Regular

12. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Wtf I just looked up this band on Apple Music and saw they finally released Lake Effect Kid back in August. What a weird delightful surprise lol, love that song.

beachdude and Dan O'Neill like this.
  13. Most bands would kill for what this album did. It’s one of the top selling albums of the year, top 20 rock albums. May still be top 10. Heh. 100m plays on Spotify shouldn’t be the benchmark.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  14. Yeah this definitely didn't do as badly as people say. Saw them at a pretty packed Prudential Center on a Tuesday.

15. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I think I've come round to the idea that this is my favourite FOB record, full stop. Its been up there since release, and I have a lot of love for the earlier records. But I think if I look at it honestly, without nostalgia, this is my favourite by quite a margin.

JRGComedy likes this.
  16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I definitely agree. I said it didn’t flop. By any normal standards it did incredible, but compared to their own massive success on the last two, especially in terms of top 40 singles, which we know is something FOB wants, it wasn’t quite as big. So I’m just saying I’m sure it’s going to be on their mind going into the next one. Either way I love the album and I’m sure I’ll love the next one cus they’ve yet to make an album that isn’t full of bangers.

17. “Hold Me Tight” was a top 40 hit tho. :shrug:

Hold Me Tight or Don't - Wikipedia

18. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I wouldn't put it above FAD, and it's too different from IOH to compare but I would put it behind that one in terms of enjoyment too. Solid 3 for me, juuuust above FUCT

19. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Bummed I wasn't able to catch them on this album cycle, seems like they're wrapping it up now.

20. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I still skip Y&M and Champion because I just don't like them, but this album rips. The first 6 songs are straight classics.

21. Kuri44

When it was first released, it was super cold, gloomy, and rainy for like 2 months so now when I listen to it, I associate it with that depressing weather. I still love the songs and album though.

beachdude and Bryan Diem like this.
  22. Kuri44

I’m on a 5 hour drive right now so I’m gonna give the album a listen right after new Saves The Day is done.

beachdude and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea sorry I meant on the hot 100 chart but I wasn’t specific. It still was not as big as the biggest hits from their last albums, but I guess it’s kind of dumb to debate just how successful one of the most successful rock bands of our time has been, so I get your point.

24. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

hold me tight is still the best

25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

its a stretch at best to insinuate fall out boy are now on a downhill trajectory. i think they're going along at the same pace they have been for quite some time.

AndrewSoup likes this.